PDA

View Full Version : New Lamborgini (mm16) is !!!!

Butch Spears
02-28-2006, 6:29 PM
Well my mm16 is waiting in Austin for pick up on Saturday.( I know PICS PICS PICS ) But I just have to let Idahoan Dean Lapinel Know that he needs to pick up the pace,He is in second place.Thanks to Paul ,Tod and Doug for the advice in the other thread as well as everyone else that joined in .I will spend a couple hours with Sam as he goes over the saw in every detail. So heres the Question Does anyone have a question that I can try and find an answer from them if so Please put it in this thread and I will ask it for you. Butch

Steve Clardy
02-28-2006, 8:02 PM
Nice!! Enjoy it!!

Doug Shepard
02-28-2006, 8:11 PM
I knew there had to be a good reason for living in Texas:D Hands on demos with your own machine at Minimax sounds like a pretty good deal.
While you're at it, pick one of these up on eBay just so's someone doesn't park a 14" Delta or some other lesser being in it's spot.

Paul B. Cresti
02-28-2006, 9:47 PM
Congrats on the new Lamborghini.....hey who came up with that anology anyway :confused:..... my Hummer is on the way too! Tony and his gondola are heading up the Mississippi as we speak.....

Ken Garlock
03-01-2006, 12:02 PM
Hummm, new Lamborghini is it? But is it faster than a Ford GT? :confused:

Congrats on the new Mini Max, you did good.:cool:

tod evans
03-01-2006, 12:04 PM
nice score hotrod......02 tod

Bob Winkler
03-01-2006, 12:09 PM
Excellent. I just an email that mine is in and on it's way over land to New England. Hope it doesn't get lost :cool:.

Bob

Butch Spears
03-01-2006, 5:07 PM
Bob your mm was probably in the same shipment as mine,Paul the Lamborgini came from another thread where they were talking about driving to the store in a lamborgini and I just picked up on calling the mm that. Thanks everyone and Bob I hope yours arrives ASAP with no freight problems. i am excited that it is here. Butch

Chuck Powell
03-01-2006, 9:12 PM
I just got an email today with tracking info for my MM16. I'm in NC. There is a chance it will be here Friday. :)

I've been lurking here for quite a while and would like to thank everyone for their frank opinions on bandsaws. In the end, going through the MM at a fellow WWers shop then comparing the MM16 and Laguna LT16HD at the Charlotte WW show sealed the deal for me.

Another post I read about tipping the truck driver got me wondering if the crate will be too tall to fit in my rollup shop door? If so, I hope I get a patient driver...who wants a tip!

Doug Shepard
03-01-2006, 9:20 PM
Another post I read about tipping the truck driver got me wondering if the crate will be too tall to fit in my rollup shop door? If so, I hope I get a patient driver...who wants a tip!

That might have been my post. My MM16 was on a double pallet. Dont know if they all come that way or not. My garage door opening is 84" IIRC and the saw wouldn't fit by about 3". It would have cleared if it was on a single pallet. So if your opening is maybe 87-88" or more you shouldn't have any problem even if it's double palletted like mine. Have fun with your new baby.

And welcome to SMC.

Jim Becker
03-01-2006, 10:06 PM
If you can't slide it in on the pallet, get at least one other person and tip the whole thing down on the spine after releasing it from the pallet(s). Wiggle a truck under it (or get the wheels down if you have the mobility kit) and then move it inside wheel-barrow style.
-----

Congrats on the new saw, Butch!

Bob Winkler
03-02-2006, 8:10 AM
Wow, from the sounds of it, looks like MM just got a big shipment in and is delivering a lot of new toys around the country. Based on some of the comments, I'm glad I have 8' garage doors.;)

Bob

Butch Spears
03-02-2006, 9:30 AM
When they get a container it has 45 machines,Sam said the reason they were delayed was because the Customs people (every now and then ) want to do a more thorough search and it takes a week or more. So that was the holdup. But there are a lot of happy woodworkers this week. Butch

Dean Lapinel
03-02-2006, 12:03 PM
Congrats ...but you don't win until you post a picture -(It's in the book)
:rolleyes:

Mine comes Tuesday! I'm going to fill my driveway with Idaho potatos and roll the whole crate over those pre-french fry babys. The crate should speedily be in my house.

I wonder if the MM16s are larger in Texas?

Idaho Dean

Butch Spears
03-02-2006, 5:34 PM
Congrats,Tuesday will take a long time to get there for you.My son has my camera so you will have to take a win ( Even If by Default ) But you should still enjoy your saw. Everything is big in Texas most of us don't brag about it though.( Only because it is so Common) Post some pics. Butch