PDA

View Full Version : FEIN Mini-Turbo Portable Wet / Dry Vac

Dennis McDonaugh
02-28-2006, 12:52 PM
Anyone have experience with this vacuum? Specifically, can it be turned on by a portable power tool?

Matt Meiser
02-28-2006, 12:55 PM
Anyone have experience with this vacuum? Specifically, can it be turned on by a portable power tool?

I was looking at these a while back. The Mini-Turbo doesn't have an onboard tool activated switch. You can get one from Sears for about $20. The new Fein mini vac (Turbo I?) does have an oboard switch.

I ended up with the Festool CT22 after comparing the features and volume of the Festool and Fein in the same store right next to each other.

Dennis McDonaugh
02-28-2006, 1:06 PM
Thanks Matt, I was looking at this one at woodcraft for $139, which is considerably less than the festool.

Steve Clardy
02-28-2006, 2:23 PM
Yes. I have one. Also the sears switch to turn it on.
Nice vacuum. Had a couple of issues with it that warranty covered.

Matt Meiser
02-28-2006, 2:28 PM
Thanks Matt, I was looking at this one at woodcraft for $139, which is considerably less than the festool.

I also looked at it at Woodcraft. I was actually ready to buy on the spot, but the store wouldn't honor the online price. :mad: Since I was buying a Festool sander, adding the cost of a compatible hose, the switch, etc. drove up the cost. It is a really good vac though and I think I would have been just as happy with it as the Festool.

Gilbert Vega
02-28-2006, 11:20 PM

I have the mini and have been totally satified using it. So far, I haven't used it for dust collection since I have a dust collector, but it's great for cleanup.

Hoa Dinh
03-01-2006, 3:08 AM
I also looked at it at Woodcraft. I was actually ready to buy on the spot, but the store wouldn't honor the online price. :mad:.
My store (Dublin, CA) would honor on-line price. But there was no need to. The in-store price was $129, $10 less than the on-line price. Who am I to complain? :D

I just cut a few sheets of particle-core melamine, one of the worst dust generator. The setup is EZSmart guide, PC447 (predecessor of PC325MAG), Fein Mini with felt filter (bought separately for $40) and 1 micron filter (included with the vac), and Sears switch.

There was no dust in the air.

Michael Fross
03-01-2006, 8:36 AM
I just recently went on the hunt for a new wet/dry vac when smoke started to pour out of my old one.

I looked at the Fein, and several others. However, I ended up getting the 10 gallon Porter Cable (Amazon Link (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004TRAS/qid=1141219365/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-5932768-3191132?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=228013)) model 7812. I've been really happy with it. It does have the tool on/off switch which I thought was a bit of a gimmick, but have grown to love it. The vac runs about 10 seconds after the tool shuts off as well which I find useful.

My only real complaint with it is that it did not come with the accessory kit and I feel they want waaaaay too much money for it. There is a lot of power, it is quiet, and comes with a very long hose / power cable.

Best of luck.

Michael

Hank Knight
03-01-2006, 10:32 AM
I read recently that Fein is replacing the Mini Turbo with a model that has a tool-activated switch. I don't have a Mini Turbo, but I have both a Turbo II I use for a general shop vac and a Turbo III I use as a small dust collector. I've been very happy with both.