PDA

View Full Version : Dust Collection Modification Situation

Mark Mandell
08-03-2003, 9:10 AM
Have a 2 hp Reliant collector located in my garage to collect from my basement shop. I'm putting in new 6" piping and would like to eliminate as many bends as possible.

I am thinking about remounting the blower unit so that the intake faces up and the motor shaft runs vertically. Anyone know of a reason why I should not do this? It will allow me to get a 2' straight run into the blower that would not otherwise be possible and will also eliminate a full 90* bend in the piping.

Appreciate the help.

Mark Mandell

Terry Hatfield
08-03-2003, 10:54 AM
Mark,

Sounds like a good idea. Eliminating bends is going to help your system, especially if one of them is right at the blower. It is always a good idea to have a straight run for at least a couple of feet going into the blower to reduce turbulents.

Terry

Mike Evertsen
08-03-2003, 8:10 PM
I think you have a good idea,,,,
I have the pennstate DC1-XL5 I have it up in the rafters I plan soon to eliminate the bag run the dust outside to a drum and run straight pipe
with t connectors for drops there should be only one or twp elbows in the system I sucks good now redoing it this way it should suck great,,,,