PDA

View Full Version : Premade cabinet doors

Bob Johnson2
02-28-2006, 11:05 AM
Checking into the feasibility of using premade doors a my kitchen, I'm wondering if anyone has used them and if your happy with them. Any sources in the N.E. area would be appreciated. Need one that will sell to homeowners.

Thanks

Dan Oliphant
02-28-2006, 12:38 PM
Bob, read Charlie Kapper's post titled kitchen cabinets (on page 1 of index) several folks had comments and sources for premade doors and drawer fronts.

Joe Lenox
02-28-2006, 3:16 PM
I just bought some raised panel red oak doors from Randy House Doors in Canada (rhcdoors.com) they were very nicely made and were also the best price I was able to find. I got 14 doors and 2 drawer faces shipped to NY for 450.00....I thought it was a great price considering I had gotten pricing from several other sources that were twice as much.

fred woltersdorf
02-28-2006, 4:05 PM
if your looking for drawers check out this site.i've used them,very accurite,well made and i can get them to my door in a week.valendrawers.com

Bob Johnson2
02-28-2006, 4:22 PM
Bob, read Charlie Kapper's post titled kitchen cabinets (on page 1 of index) several folks had comments and sources for premade doors and drawer fronts.

I looked them up but 2 of them seem to be for businesses, on the west coast. The 3rd one's website seems to be down, or at least it was this a.m.

Andy Hoyt
02-28-2006, 4:32 PM
Don't know if he ships, but our own Jim Hager should be considered.

Dave Falkenstein
02-28-2006, 6:24 PM
Checking into the feasibility of using premade doors a my kitchen, I'm wondering if anyone has used them and if your happy with them. Any sources in the N.E. area would be appreciated. Need one that will sell to homeowners.

Thanks

California Door will sell to anyone - at least they will sell to me, and I'm a homeowner, home shop woodworker. They are obviously not in the NE, but shipping solves that problem.

http://www.caldoor.com/home.htm

I have used them for a client job on a couple of occasions with perfect results.

Brian Hale
02-28-2006, 7:05 PM
I know Rockler sells doors and drawer fronts but I don't have any experience with them. Prices seemed reasonable.....

Brian :)