PDA

View Full Version : Birthday present

Joe Breid
08-02-2003, 10:48 PM
Hello everyone,
This is a step stool I made this past week for my granddaughter who just turned two. Her parents just asked for a simple stool but I had to go and make it difficult by angling the legs and using m&t wedged joints. Because of this and having had a sore back I am a couple of days late getting it completed for her birthday.

Joe

Ken Garlock
08-02-2003, 10:55 PM
Now there is the next family heirloom. Your granddaughter will want to keep it and pass it along to her children.

The wedged tenons gives it a mark of fine craftsmanship, nicely done.

Bob Lasley
08-02-2003, 11:08 PM
Joe,

Simple ain't no fun! I do things the hard way all the time so it'll be a challenge. Least that's what I tell people when they ask me why I did it the hard way. ;)

That is a very nice stool and the joinery is superb.

Bob

Kevin Gerstenecker
08-02-2003, 11:14 PM
Now Joe, you KNEW before you started that a simple stepstool just wouldn't do for your Grandaughter! ;) It just had to be special, and you nailed it, for sure! Great looking little stool...........the Wedged M & T Joinery is stunning. It really makes the peice. Outstanding work, and great design idea. Thanks for sharing the work with us, I am sure it will be put to good use. That is one pretty step stool!

Todd Burch
08-02-2003, 11:22 PM
That stepstool with NEVER EVER fall apart!! She will hand it down at least 2 generations. VERY nice!

Kevin Hewitt
08-02-2003, 11:46 PM
Very nice job. I might have to make something like that for my young lad when he's big enough.

Gump

Jim Becker
08-03-2003, 9:25 AM
What's not to like about classic joinery and a great design? Nice job!!!

Steve Clardy
08-03-2003, 10:35 AM
I always liked the off color on the wedges. Realy sets the joint off. Super work. Steve :D

Bob Janka
08-04-2003, 1:33 PM
... and you nailed it, for sure!

Kevin,

I thought Joe said that he used mortise & tenon joints. I don't see any nails in there? ;)

Cheers,
Bob

P.S. Ducking behind the workbench... :-)

David Blangger
08-05-2003, 8:01 AM
I sure hope your back gets better soon. 'Cause I can't see your excellent craftsmanship on the stool getting any better.

It just doesn't get better than that!

David

Lars Thomas
08-05-2003, 9:53 AM
Kevin,

I thought Joe said that he used mortise & tenon joints. I don't see any nails in there? ;)

Bob, Apparently, we think the same . . . I'm still hung up on the nails.

Joe, great piece of work. You've got some complicated joinery going on there. Well done. Lars

Don Farr
08-05-2003, 12:22 PM
Really nice work Joe. I like the coin thing for dating. I do that sometimes myself.