PDA

View Full Version : Woodworking or bust.....

George Kretschmann
02-27-2006, 9:22 PM
Here is what I sold after 32 years in order to fulfill my woodworking quest.

http://www.webshots.com/search?new=1&source=homesearch&query=reddchevy

Tom Pritchard
02-27-2006, 9:29 PM
Wow George, that is one incredible vehicle! You must be going through some SERIOUS withdrawls!! I had a '75 Corvette that wasn't even in the same league as this car, and it broke my heart when we sold it to add on rooms for my children! Other than children, Woodworking sure is a noble pursuit to give up such a fine car as this. Thanks for sharing the pics, they're beautiful.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-27-2006, 9:31 PM
I had a '56 2 door sedan Chevy and a '64 SS Impala convertible! Wished I had that '64 back! Nice Nice Nice looking '57!

George Kretschmann
02-27-2006, 9:37 PM
Oh yes...serious withdrawls.... I left the tire prints on the floor. I have plenty of pictures and memories, it was my high school car. But where I work is to unstable and that sale provided some financial freedom I needed. Maybe I will get another one and build it over again. This time it won't take 4 years.

Tyler Howell
02-28-2006, 8:55 AM
I don't know Geo :confused: :confused: :confused:.
That's pretty extreme.
But you do win the Picture Police Award of Honor.:rolleyes:
Well done.

Jim Young
02-28-2006, 9:12 AM
Nice car George. I did the same thing, when I sold my 69 Chevelle SS I used the money to buy WW tools. One thing I have found is that woodworking is cheaper and the rest of my family appreciates it more. Oh ya, since I have a basement shop, working on a project doesn't mean freezing anymore.

Matt Meiser
02-28-2006, 9:33 AM
I sold an 87 Mustang with 351 and a lot off goodies.. Like Jim said, WW is a much more family-freindly hobby. Yours was a nice car though!

Jerry Clark
02-28-2006, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the pictures-- Brings tears to my eyes-- I had a red 57 with a 270HP motor in 1958 and sold it to buy a house.:rolleyes: Then a 56 Nomad, and later another red 57 that I rebuilt with all latest engine and trans. Sold it 6 years ago. Love the Tri-5s-- they will always be a classic car. :D Thanks for sharing!

Bryan Somers
02-28-2006, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the show George all I can say is Sweeeeet!!!

John Miliunas
02-28-2006, 11:31 AM
George, all I can say is you must really, really want to get into WW!!! :) Man, I see already that, once you get setup with proper equipment, you will be a WW force to be contended with! Your attention to detail is second to none! Beautiful car and well deserved trophies! :D Fear not, though... I have a hunch you'll gain as many rewards from woodworking, both personal and public! :) :cool:

George Kretschmann
02-28-2006, 7:21 PM
Thanks for all of the comments. One reason for selling is that I only had a few more mods to do to the car. The price far out weighed the payback in doing so. I had my enjoyment and satification of doing all of the work myself. WW does have a payback and a different sense of appreciation from all. When I start to expand my shop, where the car was, I will post pictures...I know every one likes pictures here. Oh...I think I will leave the tire prints on the floor where it was parked. Thanks again for the comments....George Kretschmann:D

Vaughn McMillan
02-28-2006, 10:59 PM
Wow George, you've obviously got the "attention to detail" thing down. I'll be looking forward to seeing that reflected in your woodworking. Awesome car.

- Vaughn

Ray Bersch
03-01-2006, 11:17 AM
Man, you have more strength than I do - I think I might have taken a long look at the market value of the wife before parting with that car -