PDA

View Full Version : 5 Barns Pictures

Jim Becker
08-02-2003, 8:45 PM
Here are a few pictures from the great 5-Barns gathering at Bill Grumbine's place this weekend. Those of you who missed it should make every effort to attend next time or to make it to one of the other regional events that are better for you logistically. BTW, the cake was to celebrate Lee's birthday...

Charles McKinley
08-02-2003, 8:53 PM
Hi Jim

It was nice meeting you in person. Thans for posting the pics.

Many thanks to the Grumbines for their wonderful hospitality. A good time was had by all. IMHO!

Byron Trantham
08-03-2003, 8:38 AM
thanks for the pictures. I wish I could have been there. Maybe next year.

Jim McFall
08-03-2003, 2:27 PM
I could not agree more that everone had a very fine time. There are a lot of really good people connected to this forum and it was my pleasure to meet a few of them.
The Bill G family are great hosts and I want to thank them again.

Oh, yes, your pictures are good too, considering what you had to work with !!!

:p

Don Farr
08-03-2003, 3:48 PM
Wished I could have been there. What a great bunch of people. maybe next year.

Keith Outten
08-03-2003, 3:54 PM
Once again I would like to thank Bill Grumbine and his family for hosting their annual woodworkers picnic. Truly everyone had a great time and it was great to have the opportunity to meet everyone.

Aaron shot almost 90 miinutes of video and I took a few snap shots which we will share with everyone soon. For now here is a picture of Ron Meadows...carefully applying what he learned from watching Ken Salisbury's pen turning demonstration.

Thanks again to Bill and everyone at the picnic for their friendly conversation and for making my visit a memorable one. I am looking forward to my next opportunity to meet with more of our members and their families.

John Weber
08-03-2003, 9:11 PM
Jim,

Sorry we didn't touch base. We had a great time as well.

Now we just need to get everyone to update their pictures, some people I didn't even recognize.

To follow up my WoodCentral Post, many thanks to the Grumbine family! Great Host!

John

Jim Becker
08-03-2003, 9:19 PM
Sorry we didn't touch base. We had a great time as well.

With so many people at the event, it was hard to spend "quality time" with everyone. Maybe someone needs to devise some kind of "receiving line" so each person in attendance gets to at least meet and handshake with everyone else... :D

I agree about the avitar pictures, although it's sometimes hard to come up with something that looks "exactly" like one is at the present time. I need a new one sans the glasses, however, since my LASIK in January did away with them. (Except for reading at night when I'm tired. I do wear safety glasses in the shop with a "bifocal" bottom to be able to clearly see measurments...not that it always helps! Great invention...) Come to think of it...I'll just crop one out of the pic I already doctored for my site and upload it...now.