PDA

View Full Version : I need some math help!

David Eisan
08-02-2003, 4:14 PM
Dear All,

I am sure some of you can solve this in your head, but I don't know how to do this.

I have a box that I need to solve the interior volume for,

http://members.rogers.com/dfeisan/images/subbox1.jpg

The side of the box has four sides. The base is 10-7/8", the one side that is at a 90 degree angle to the base in 4" high, the other two lengths are 10" and 10-1/2". The box is 8-7/8" wide and the material is 3/4" MDF.

What is my interior volume?

This box is for a subwoofer and I know the range that the box can fall within, 1/3 cubic foot to 3/4 cubic foot. I was aiming for the high side, and I hope I am close.

Thanks for your help,

David.

Every neighbourhood has one, in mine, I'm him.

Jim DeLaney
08-02-2003, 5:18 PM
The side of the box has four sides. The base is 10-7/8", the one side that is at a 90 degree angle to the base in 4" high, the other two lengths are 10" and 10-1/2". The box is 8-7/8" wide and the material is 3/4" MDF.

What is my interior volume?

This box is for a subwoofer and I know the range that the box can fall within, 1/3 cubic foot to 3/4 cubic foot. I was aiming for the high side, and I hope I am close.

Assuming your dimensions are exterior, You need to subtract 1½" from the length, width, and height to get the interior dimensions.

Doing that, I came up with ~454 in³. That's just barely ¼ of a ft³, so your box is a bit small.

If your stated dimensions were internal dimensions, you just barely make your 1/3 ft³.