PDA

View Full Version : Any Kentucky folks here??

Jalin Key
02-27-2006, 2:16 AM
Just wondering if there are anymore Kentucky folks here at SMC? I'm in Danville...

Tom Stover
02-27-2006, 7:20 AM
Hi Jalin, I'm just up the road from you in Bullitt County. I live near the #121 exit of I-65.

Dan Bundy
02-27-2006, 7:29 AM
Howdy!

I'm even closer -- Frankfort. DB

Ray Turney
02-27-2006, 7:40 AM
Hi Jalin, just down the road in Hustonville. I noticed in your profile you put pressman, at the Advocate? I worked for the railroad out of Danville for 30 yrs. retired 2 yrs. ago. Really enjoy the Creek, lots of good information on here. Ray Turney

Charles Hans
02-27-2006, 11:06 AM
Hi Jalin, I'm in Independence (Kenton Co.) I hope that more Kentuckians chime in

Jalin Key
02-27-2006, 1:14 PM
Hi Jalin, just down the road in Hustonville. I noticed in your profile you put pressman, at the Advocate? I worked for the railroad out of Danville for 30 yrs. retired 2 yrs. ago. Really enjoy the Creek, lots of good information on here. Ray Turney

Hi Ray, I've worked for the big printing plant in Danville 21 years now, but surprisingly I've never been inside the advocate's building. I know many of the folks retired and current at the railroad, Plus my father inlaw works there ( Do you know Judson or his nickname "Juddie" ). Have you ever delivered paper to us at the plant? I love to watch when the railroad brings paper to the plant, and every now and then a engine will come inside the plant.

Jalin Key
02-27-2006, 1:15 PM
Hi Jalin, I'm just up the road from you in Bullitt County. I live near the #121 exit of I-65.

Hi Tom, You guys had some good football teams up there last year.

Jalin Key
02-27-2006, 1:17 PM
Hi Charles and Dan. Glad to say Hi to you guys...

Ryan Ricks
02-27-2006, 1:22 PM
I'm in Richmond -Madison county (Work in Lexington).

-Ryan

Art Moore
02-28-2006, 7:29 AM
Paducah here... 'bout as far west as you can get.

Tom Stover
02-28-2006, 8:55 AM
I thought Gary Max would have jumped in by now. He and his wife live in knifley, in south central Ky.

ROBERT ELLIS
02-28-2006, 9:44 PM
Hello Jalin,

I'm from Columbia Kentucky, about 55 miles from you. I used to sell Cherry Furniture to Perryville Furniture Mart (before they went outof business). Greenleaf Furniture Store there in Danville carries some of my cherry furniture.

BTW my Grandfather was a Key...

Wow, according to Tom Stover I'm only about 12 miles from Gary Max in Knifley, KY (went to grade school there)...I need to look him up as I'm through there quite often.

Small world.

Robert

Jalin Key
03-01-2006, 12:29 AM
Hi Robert,
I'm in Columbia all the time, my stepson lives there. Always have to get myself a slush from Sonics for the ride home. I think a coworker of mine knows you. She lives in Columbia and works with me in Danville. She has mentioned several times of knowing a guy there who makes cherry furniture. BTW is that BBQ place still open there? have not drove past it in a while.

Gary Max
03-01-2006, 1:35 AM
Hey neighbors. don't know how I missed this tread but I finally found it.
I am about 60 miles south of Danville or 15 miles north of Columbia.
The wife and I work with a lot of Cedar--anything from furniture to Big Cedar bowls. We will be at the home show over in Lebanon in april.
Oh if any of you folks are down this way feel free to drop in ---the wife always has a pot of coffee on.

Gary Max
03-01-2006, 1:38 AM
Hello Jalin,

I'm from Columbia Kentucky, about 55 miles from you. I used to sell Cherry Furniture to Perryville Furniture Mart (before they went outof business). Greenleaf Furniture Store there in Danville carries some of my cherry furniture.

BTW my Grandfather was a Key...

Wow, according to Tom Stover I'm only about 12 miles from Gary Max in Knifley, KY (went to grade school there)...I need to look him up as I'm through there quite often.

Small world.

Robert
Robert you know where the New Lighthouse Church is---we are 2 miles down the road----sitting up on the hill --Large Cedar deck.

Brad Kimbrell
03-01-2006, 1:55 AM
Small world guys! I'm in Lexington. Moved here from Shreveport, LA in 1994.

Rob Will
03-01-2006, 2:00 AM
I'm a dirt farmer in the number one soybean growing county in the state.

Vaughn McMillan
03-01-2006, 3:08 AM
Just wondering if there are anymore Kentucky folks here at SMC? I'm in Danville...

Hello Jalin,

...BTW my Grandfather was a Key...

And here I was gonna try to avoid joking about how I thought everyone in Kentucky was related in one way or another, and you guys just set it up too easy for me. :D [ducks and runs for cover...]

- Vaughn

ROBERT ELLIS
03-01-2006, 9:23 PM
And here I was gonna try to avoid joking about how I thought everyone in Kentucky was related in one way or another, and you guys just set it up too easy for me. :D [ducks and runs for cover...]

- Vaughn

Very nearly all of us are related, in some way or another, but a lot of our offspring migrated out west...he he!

Robert you know where the New Lighthouse Church is---we are 2 miles down the road----sitting up on the hill --Large Cedar deck.

Gary Max, I know where the lighthouse church is at, but are you 2 miles toward Knifley, or Dunbar Hill, or up the road (beside the church) that runs alongside Casey Creek? I live in the Cane Valley Community...

Robert

Hi Robert,
I'm in Columbia all the time, my stepson lives there. Always have to get myself a slush from Sonics for the ride home. I think a coworker of mine knows you. She lives in Columbia and works with me in Danville. She has mentioned several times of knowing a guy there who makes cherry furniture. BTW is that BBQ place still open there? have not drove past it in a while.

I was by there the other day...I think they're still open.

Robert

Vaughn McMillan
03-02-2006, 1:44 AM
Very nearly all of us are related, in some way or another, but a lot of our offspring migrated out west...he he!...
Yeah, I don't have a lot of room to talk. My mom was doing some geneology research a few years ago and discovered that my sister and her husband of 25 years are unpteenth cousins from about 6 or 7 great-grandfathers ago. Actually, my mom was more closely related to my brother-in-law on that particular branch of the family tree. Anyway, as it turns out, that would mean that my sister's kids are also their own cousins. And they've never even set foot in Kentucky. :p (Someday I'd like to go there, though...I understand there are some pretty places there.)

- Vaughn

Gary Max
03-02-2006, 5:06 AM
Robert turn in at the church and go up the road that runs beside it--like the creek runs----2 miles.

Last home on the black top---if you get to the gravel you went to far.
Hey we just got black top in front of our place last year. Must be coming up in the world.

Downtown Columbia----on the square in front of the barber shop---the big Cedar bench--I built that.

Ryan Ricks
03-02-2006, 8:17 AM
Since I am a recent addition to the state (Moved from Denver about 6 months ago), can anyone point me to a good place for lumber? I am in the Lexington area, but willing to drive to Louisville or Cinncinnati if necessary.

-Ryan

Jalin Key
03-02-2006, 8:38 AM
Since I am a recent addition to the state (Moved from Denver about 6 months ago), can anyone point me to a good place for lumber? I am in the Lexington area, but willing to drive to Louisville or Cinncinnati if necessary.

-Ryan

Check out "Garrard wood products" in Lancaster. Have just about any kind of wood. I buy all mine in the rough, but they will mill it for you also. I like the prices thay have. Several other private sellers here in Danville that have nice lumber and prices.

Charles Hans
03-02-2006, 10:52 AM
Ryan here is a good place to get hardwood, they have good prices and are really helpful, and you can select just what pieces you want. They are located just outside of Madison Indiana.
On the left hand side of the page,click on Kiln dried hardwood (http://www.tinytimbers.com/)
TinyTIMBERS Home

Dan Bundy
03-02-2006, 2:47 PM
Ryan, check out Hardwood Specialties. It's in an industrial complex on Old Frankfort Pike, just OUTSIDE New Circle Road. They have a tremendous selection (at least in my hobbiest opinion) and they've always let me pick out my own stuff. I'm really not that sure about how their prices compare with other places, but they're about the closest to me, so that counts for a lot.

There's also a place in Morehead, but I can't recall the name.

Feel free to email or PM if you'd like. DB

Ryan Ricks
03-02-2006, 2:52 PM
Thanks for the ideas. I'll give all three places a try. I finally got my shop back together after the move, and am itching to get some things done. Just need to pick up some wood (I seem to have plenty of items on the list!)

-Ryan

Brad Kimbrell
03-03-2006, 12:01 AM
Ryan,

Where are you in Lexington? I'm over here by Palomar in Clemens Heights. Nice to see another Lexingtonian here.

Maybe we can get together sometime and compare notes and gloat over tools!

Ryan Ricks
03-03-2006, 8:01 AM
Brad -

I am actually in North Richmond. I work in Lexington (At the big facility at new-circle and newtown). At least I work there at the moment!!

-Ryan

Dusty Depue
03-05-2006, 3:11 PM
Halfway between Richmond and Winchester, near the river.:cool:
Recently move here from Eclectic, Alabama.

J.D.Redwine
03-07-2006, 12:17 PM
The Greater Corinth Metropolitan Area.