PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a guitar outline in vector format?

Pat Kearney
02-26-2006, 6:17 PM
My son has a project for school to build a musical instrument and he wants to build a guitar. We figured it would be neat to use the laser to cut the top and back. Just wondering if anyone has a vector outline that you would be willing to share?

Thanks.

Pat (and son Josh)

Joe Pelonio
02-27-2006, 8:21 AM
Try this, it's all I have in vector.

Patrick OBrien
02-27-2006, 4:56 PM
Try this, it's all I have in vector.
Joe,
Any help available? Why can I not download any of the Corel files?
They all look like MIME encoded BS when I download.
I'm running a P4 2.2Ghz with a Gig of RAM, DVD RW and 500 gig of HD space with XP Home.
Any tips or tricks? Thanks.
Pat

Bruce Volden
02-27-2006, 5:20 PM
Pat

Right click the file name, save as target (you decide where you want to put it). This works for me with Corel 11.

Bruce

Joe Pelonio
02-27-2006, 5:49 PM
I saved it as Corel 5.0 since not everyone has 12 and the forum won't allow .eps or .ai files. When you right click it calls it a html file so you have to type in (after the name) .cdr

Pat Kearney
02-27-2006, 7:39 PM
Thanks Joe, it worked perfect.

Dennis Kotlowski
02-27-2006, 9:16 PM
add .cdr to the end of the file name.

Keith Outten
03-09-2006, 6:55 PM
Pat,

Lots of free vector drawings for guitars at the following url;

http://www.3dcafe.com

Check the musical instruments section.

Jeff Chumbley
03-09-2006, 10:01 PM
Keith do you have to download any software to use these? I did one of a guitar and it has a file extension of .3ds

Jeff

Keith Outten
03-10-2006, 6:27 AM
Jeff,

The .3ds files are 3d Studio files. Corel Draw won't open them and I'm not sure if there is an importer available that would work. Possibly these will open in AutoCad, I will have to try.

Joe Pelonio
03-10-2006, 8:18 AM
Jeff,

The .3ds files are 3d Studio files. Corel Draw won't open them and I'm not sure if there is an importer available that would work. Possibly these will open in AutoCad, I will have to try.

I once had a customer give me a .3ds file and I couldn't open it with anything I had. At the time, as I recall, it was traced back to the original designer as being a proprietary file type created by Autodesk, who makes Autocad, so you can probably open it in Autocad. Before I found that out I looked for any utility or shareware that would open/convert it with no luck, it seems that people use .3ds for the web and for games, and have written routines in their programs to "bring them in" but not to convert to other formats. I haven't looked since, and that was at least a year ao.

J Porter
03-10-2006, 10:53 AM
There are also so .dxf files on that site which can be imported into Corel. However, the web page gave me an error each time I tried to download one.