PDA

View Full Version : Giant burl progress pictures

Glen McLeod
02-26-2006, 5:52 PM
Hello folks:

Here's a few pictures of the progress on my burl project. I sent a picture to the local newspaper with this ad attached to it but they ended up turning it into an article. Then that turned into another article in the Victoria BC paper, which turned into a the 6 oclock news on a Victoria TV station. So needless to say I got good exposure for my backhoe business from this baby.

Since that I've had a lot of visitors and the idea of setting it up at the 2010 olympics as a podium is getting very popular.

Anyway, I have more work to do to it, but it's coming along.

Take Care
Glen

Dewayne Baker
02-26-2006, 6:09 PM
Holey cow!! it's a burl on steroids. Cant wait to see what it looks like milled up.

Vaughn McMillan
02-26-2006, 6:59 PM
That's just too cool, Glen. Not only is the wood magnificent, but you can't buy that kind of exposure for your business. Being used in the 2010 Olympics would definitely seal its place in history, although I'd imagine there are a lot of spectacular things that could be made from that hunk o' wood.

- Vaughn

Andy Hoyt
02-26-2006, 7:09 PM
Glen - What ever you do - make sure that you keep Stu Ablett far far away from this one.

That puppy is so awesome it should be considered a crime to cut it.

Glenn Clabo
02-26-2006, 7:43 PM
Man...what a piece of wood! Kinda looks like a stone age petrified pumpkin in the next to last photo.

Doug Shepard
02-26-2006, 8:02 PM
Wow. That's a whopper. Maybe you should have somebody do a radiation check in your area just to be safe.