PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Creeker Warning!

Paul Downes
02-26-2006, 5:38 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but I fell obligated to warn those who were kind enough to share a day with my not-so-august person. I got home in the evening to 3 kids barfing in unison. Seems we contracted a roto-virus. (sp). :( I went out to the barn/woodshop and tried to disappear. All to no avail. Seems the wife was also sick. Spent the night on the couch so as to avoid the sick room. I went down in the basement and burned some frankensence after opening the furnace filters up. Made the hause smell a lot better. I think I'll go cut wood all day tomorrow.

Jim Dunn
02-26-2006, 7:08 PM
It was muir, or maybe old tires, that you needed to burn. Glad Michigan is about 500 miles away:)

Paul Downes
02-27-2006, 12:44 AM
Jim, I haven't stooped to burning old tires yet. I have one sitting next to the outdoor wood stove in case I run out of wood.

I got the idea of frankencence because of my Catholic heritage. My brother Mike passed away from brain cancer a few years ago. The treatment he was undergoing caused him to have a strong B.O. I got some frankencence and burned it in the house the last few days of his life and it seemed to bring him a lot of peace. It was a sad but very peaceful passing with his kids and many of our family singing him hymns.