PDA

View Full Version : Quick 5 Barns update

Tom Sweeney
08-02-2003, 9:37 AM
I got up to 5 barns about 5:30 last night. I knew I was in the right place when there were trucks with licenses from all over the East coast parked in a field before the house. I left about 9:30 & it was still going strong.

Ken, Keith & Aaron had just gotten there - I didn't see Keith giving Ken his sign - but it must have really shocked him cause Ken was much more subdued than I expected :D

I'm not going to remember everyone but there were probably 20 guys & a bunch of their wives & a few kids there already & I know a bunch more are coming today.

Bill did a quick bowl turning (roughing out) demo on some Orange Osage someone brought and William Duffield(?) did a neat demo on making tool handles using brass compression fittings for the ferrule.

More Demo's today including one a few of us requested on sharpening tools.

Lot's of nice people, good food & fun - I'm heading back up shortly - it's about an hour & half drive for me.
Lots of folks were taking pics so I'm sure you'll see some in coming days.

Wish you were here!

Don Farr
08-02-2003, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the update I was wondering how it's going. :)

Jim Becker
08-02-2003, 6:49 PM
Thanks for the update I was wondering how it's going. :)

I just arrived home from this wonderful event...a good time for all in attendance! (I had to leave a little early due to other commitments) Right before I pulled out, Ellis Walentine was finishing up a demonstration of hollowing a vessel and Noah was turning a pen...gaining the addiction it appears!

And whoever made the baked beans should win some kind of award...awesome! :D Jason's brews were also outstanding...

Jackie Outten
08-02-2003, 7:23 PM
I just arrived home from this wonderful event...a good time for all in attendance! (I had to leave a little early due to other commitments) Right before I pulled out, Ellis Walentine was finishing up a demonstration of hollowing a vessel and Noah was turning a pen...gaining the addiction it appears!

And whoever made the baked beans should win some kind of award...awesome! :D Jason's brews were also outstanding...

Jim,

I sent baked beans with Keith. Don't know if you ate mine but I do get rave reviews when I make them. Just in case they were mine, thanks for the compliment.

Jackie Outten

Ken Garlock
08-02-2003, 7:35 PM
Jim,

I sent baked beans with Keith. Don't know if you ate mine but I do get rave reviews when I make them. Just in case they were mine, thanks for the compliment.

Jackie Outten

Well Jackie, with such good recommendations, why not put your recipe on the articles forum. True, it is not wood stuff(I hope), but we do need good food to keep us going in the shop. :)

Besides, eating is one of my favorite forms of work :D

Jim Becker
08-02-2003, 8:32 PM
Jim,

Jackie Outten

Well, if they were the ones with three different beans and the very slightly "sweet" sauce...actually, they were the only ones on the table, so I suspect they were yours. Bravo! <G>

And yes, I second the motion to post the recipe... :D

Bill Grumbine
08-04-2003, 8:41 AM
Well, if they were the ones with three different beans and the very slightly "sweet" sauce...actually, they were the only ones on the table, so I suspect they were yours. Bravo! <G>

And yes, I second the motion to post the recipe... :D

Jim, you must have missed something, or not gone back for seconds, because there were two bowls of beans there. The three bean dish is one Lisa made, and the recipe comes from a lady in our church. Jackie, I ate lots of your beans too, and they were very very good as well. Sometimes Lisa thinks I eat too many beans, but we won't talk about that. :eek:

Bill

Jim Becker
08-04-2003, 8:46 AM
Jim, you must have missed something, or not gone back for seconds, because there were two bowls of beans there.

Oops!! I did have seconds and still missed the second bowl. Sheesh!