PDA

View Full Version : Stanley 192 Free To a Good Home

Maurice Metzger
02-26-2006, 3:44 PM
I've got a Stanley 192 rabbet plane that I'll give free to the first person who sends me a PM message with a non-PO box address (in the USA, sorry to everyone else). I don't feel like going through the large auction site thing, and I'd like it to go to a good home.

Now, be honest with yourself. I'd really like this plane to go to someone who doesn't have a rabbet plane and who will use it, not a collector. Not that I have anything against collectors. And this isn't much of a collector's item anyway. These are going pretty cheaply up on that large auction site.

This is my second rabbet plane, I really only need one. I haven't even sharpened the blade for this one, realistically I don't think I'll ever use it.

The Stanley 192 is a no-frills rabbet plane, the cutter is 1 inch wide, it doesn't have a second bullnose cutter position, and there's no fence. It does have a cross-grain cutter and a depth stop though.

This particular plane has some pitting on the "flush" side but is pretty clean otherwise. The 4 spur cutter is a replacement. The depth stop has a replacement securing screw. I'll include an extra blade.

I'll be shipping it parcel post, so it might be a while before you see it.

Sorry if I've caught you east coasters at church or Sunday dinner.

- Maurice

Brian Hale
02-26-2006, 3:51 PM
PM sent

Brian :)

Rod Upfold
03-20-2006, 2:05 PM
Drat...and I even have a US address

Richard Gillespie
03-20-2006, 4:13 PM
Drat! Too Late.

Zahid Naqvi
03-20-2006, 8:43 PM
You are a good man Maurice, and I don't care what they say about you ;)

Too bad I didn't catch this on time, I need one too.

Maurice Metzger
03-21-2006, 1:44 AM
Well, thanks Zahid - I think :)

There's always the Number 10 plane - you can kill two birds with one stone...

I have a Craftsman duplex rabbet plane that I think was made by Sargent. I don't think I'll need the duplex capability but having a fence is nice. Although I've read that a fence with a single rod won't stay square enough for precision work.

- Maurice