PDA

View Full Version : A new product line!

Ken Fitzgerald
02-26-2006, 1:00 PM
Had to make another run to the hardware store for more bolts for the sharpening station. Enroute I had another innovative thought for a new product line........patent pending, of course!

This will probably be more popular with the female population:

Original....one of a kind.........turned.....Idaho Noggin' Knockers!:D

Back to the shop!

David Fried
02-26-2006, 1:21 PM
Pics Ken - We need pics!
No pics, I'll report you to PACS - People Against Cruelty to Salmon!!
(I heard their administrator was on to you :cool: )

Dave Fried

Bob Noles
02-26-2006, 1:25 PM
This will probably be more popular with the female population:

Original....one of a kind.........turned.....Idaho Noggin' Knockers!:D

Whew.... I had to read that several times to make sure it was safe to read once :D :p

Curt Fuller
02-26-2006, 2:22 PM
Whew.... I had to read that several times to make sure it was safe to read once :D :p

Me too. But then again, there's still a day or two for the IT entries.:D :D

Andy Hoyt
02-26-2006, 2:35 PM
Ken - Congrats on your new startup ---- Bonkers and Knockers

When will the IPO take place?

Jim Becker
02-26-2006, 2:46 PM
Ken - Congrats on your new startup ---- Bonkers and Knockers

Will there be award-winning hot wings at this establishment, too???

Ken Fitzgerald
02-26-2006, 2:59 PM
I can see if any female types read this thread and read your replys...they'll be potential customers for this new product.......they'll use it for it's intended purpose......knockin' noggins!:D

John Hart
02-26-2006, 4:38 PM
I can see if any female types read this thread and read your replys...they'll be potential customers for this new product.......they'll use it for it's intended purpose......knockin' noggins!:D

Good recovery Ken. Yup...sure...:rolleyes: :D

Bernie Weishapl
02-26-2006, 5:07 PM
Ken I am not letting my wife read this or I will be in trouble (or should I say more trouble.):eek:

Dennis Peacock
02-26-2006, 5:34 PM
Shoot, white out don't move when you scroll the screen up and down!!!!:mad:

Had to run the LOML out of the room.....Didn't want any more Noggin' Knockers around for her to see. :rolleyes: :eek: :D

Kurt Rosenzweig
02-26-2006, 8:07 PM
One lump or two?

Karl Laustrup
02-26-2006, 9:09 PM
Shoot, white out don't move when you scroll the screen up and down!!!!:mad: :rolleyes: :eek: :D

ROFLMAO!!!! See I always learn something here at the "Creek". Thanks Dennis.

Idaho Salmon Bonkers and now Idaho Noggin' Knockers. The possibilities are endless.

I think you might hook up with Mr. "Quahog Bonker" and you'll both be "Typhoons" before you know it. ;) :D

Karl

Ken Fitzgerald
02-26-2006, 9:45 PM
In an effort to please the crowd here, Tyler the Photo Cop and his new heavy-booted deputy Steve Clardy I'm posting these pictures of my new sharpening station, the mess around the diving board lathe....ie. proof of curlies and the new Idaho Noggin Knocker in the buff....in the lathe waiting for finish...........Folks I was a sane man at one time..........then somebody bombed me.........I haven't figured out if it was the effects of the initial blast or the continuing resulting shock waves.......but I'm not the person I used to be!...........must be the fresh maple curls!

Andy Hoyt
02-26-2006, 9:55 PM
Photo 2 is the best. A Fine Mess!

The knocker aint too shabby either.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-26-2006, 9:57 PM
You did notice the curlies hanging off the diving board didn't you Andy?
:confused: :D

Pat Salter
02-26-2006, 10:03 PM
I'm with Andy, I like photo 2 because of the unique bench design for your lathe. I like it because it leaves plenty of room to let the chips pile so you don't have to sweep so often. Well thought out. :D :D :D

Make sure if you put a 20 lb chunk on there you have someone taking video so we can play it at your funeral:eek:

and as far as the subject of knockers is concerned.....we won't go there.;)

Andy Hoyt
02-26-2006, 10:03 PM
Yup, and I saw that road atlas too. Turn to Page 43 for directions to Utah

Steve Clardy
02-26-2006, 10:04 PM
Yea. I'm on ya Ken;)

I also informed Tyler to watch yer posts also, for non-pics.:eek: ;)

So what's this I hear you have knockers now:confused: :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

Bill Stevener
02-26-2006, 10:12 PM
Hi Ken,

Great looking Bonker - Knocker??
I'll tell ya, if you don't get to making that table the wife is looking for, I'm sure some of the next photos are going to be a demonstration and it's effects of that new Bonker - Knocker.:eek:

Interested in the broken spindle gouge you noted. Have any photos??

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

Ken Fitzgerald
02-27-2006, 1:15 AM
Bill.........Here's some photos of the broken spindle gouge. I was off a little ....I actually broke off about an inch or a little more. I think what happened is I touched the wood and I didn't have it on the rest at the time but then again........I'm not really sure....it happened so fast.....anyway....here's the photos...

Andy Hoyt
02-27-2006, 7:54 AM
Ouch! Know anyone with a grinder?:cool:

Glenn Clabo
02-27-2006, 9:20 AM
Owww...I must remember...put the tool on the tool rest before sticking it into a rapidly spinning object.

Glenn Hodges
02-27-2006, 9:49 AM
Now Ken that might qualify for an IT. It sure is useful and can be pretty when finished. I landed a big King on an Alaska river bank which had no rocks large enough to whack him, and no sticks large enough to calm him down. I sure could have used one of your new product lines that time.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-27-2006, 9:58 AM
Glenn.......we have a few salmon that come back to Idaho but we have a large number of Steelhead. A lot of steelhead fishermans use similar devices to put the fight to a quick end once they are in the boat or on the bank!

Barry Stratton
02-28-2006, 2:29 AM
Now you are talking, Ken!! How much for one of those puppies, about 18" long???? I can definitely use one of them up here. Great job.

Do you mind if I copy your lathe bench? Hoping to get my stuff set-up and spinning this weekend......

Ken Fitzgerald
02-28-2006, 9:00 AM
Barry........I wouldn't ..........I repeat.......I wouldn't recommend copying my bench. If the crowd that bombed me had shown a little more patience I'd have built something a little more significant and permanent to spin on! I still will someday in the future! I use a centerfinder on the 6" maple to build the Salmon Bonker. When I spin it up at the slowest speed (500 rpm) I step to the side wearing my face shield; saying a prayer; turn on power. The maple is obviously out of balance at this time and initially the table has a small bounce to it during startup. Once it's up to speed, it's not that bad. I'd build a better bench!

Glenn Clabo
02-28-2006, 11:52 AM
initially the table has a small bounce to it during startup. Once it's up to speed, it's not that bad. I'd build a better bench!
No need Ken...just get some of these...

Andy Hoyt
02-28-2006, 12:37 PM
Or one of these. Just stick it in the "Oscillating Hover Mode".