PDA

View Full Version : Jet 1100/1200 Canister upgrade Bogis!!!

Tyler Howell
02-26-2006, 3:09 AM
Just got a Email from Amazon Saying the price on Jet Canister was wrong and forget it.
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=31748 (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=31748)
As I said you get what you pay for!!!!!!:o

Roger Myers
02-26-2006, 11:51 AM
Yep...me too....
I ordered, but was skeptical, so I never counted on it...
Was worth a shot.
Roger

Rob Blaustein
02-26-2006, 12:01 PM
Can they do that--not honor a price that you already ordered something for? Even if they could do that, I'm surprised that they would not honor the price once you've made the purchase already.

Steve Clardy
02-26-2006, 12:24 PM
Hmm. They used to honor their price mistakes.
Guess they are changing their ways?

John Shuk
02-26-2006, 12:46 PM
I've seen threads before where this has happened. It has also happened to me on a fisch 16 bandsaw. They have reserved the right to no honor pricing mistakes. Many people are happy most of the time with Amazon. I didn't even get an "at bat" to order it. Oh well.

Barry O'Mahony
02-26-2006, 2:09 PM
Can they do that--not honor a price that you already ordered something for? Even if they could do that, I'm surprised that they would not honor the price once you've made the purchase already.I think there's language about this in the Uniform Commerical Code, which has been passed into law in all 50 states. Something to the effect that you can't offer something for sale, and then say "never mind" when the offer is accepted. But the seller is not held accountable for typos.

But even if this is true and applies to Amazon here, what can you do, a class-action lawsuit over this?

Ellen Benkin
02-26-2006, 2:37 PM
It seems to me that the computer should catch it when you place the order. At the very least, it should show the correct price and you can figure out that something is wrong before placing the order.

Hal Flynt
02-27-2006, 11:13 AM
Me too!

This is first Amazon order ever cancelled by the seller that I have ever had.

Steve Hayes
02-27-2006, 11:40 AM
Kind of concerns me. I just ordered the Delta 28-206 bandsaw for $379.00. I ordered it on the 23rd and it should be delivered on the 1st so I guess no news is good news. Keeping fingers crossed.

Steve Hayes
02-27-2006, 11:47 AM
Just checked on the bandsaw and the price has gone up $20.00 and they have none in stock. I was told that mine was in stock. So again, keeping fingers crossed.

Michael Ballent
02-27-2006, 11:58 AM
Imagine 1000+ irked off woodworkers taking Amazon's CEO to small claims court for breach of contract across the country. ;) Ahhhh that makes me feel better :D even if it cost me the 20 to 50 bucks to file. hehehehe

Bill Lewis
02-27-2006, 12:34 PM
Well this makes me feel only a little better since I sold my DC1200. :)

As for the cmputer catching the mistake, well GIGO.

Steve H. I have no doubt that you'll get the price that you purchased the saw. Why don't you try tracking it?

Class action might work, but not a small claims. Not unless they have a business presence in your state. Of course only the Lawyers would get rich, and the price of the filters would double to make up for the losses...Ok, I lied, the price wouldn't double.;)

Steve Hayes
02-27-2006, 12:54 PM
They seem to be having trouble getting me the tracking #.

Bill Lewis
02-27-2006, 12:58 PM
Press'm, push'm and complain loud enough and you might also get an additional discount.
This is just the thing that they usually strive to make right.

Allen Grimes
02-27-2006, 1:12 PM
But even if this is true and applies to Amazon here, what can you do, a class-action lawsuit over this?You can report them to the BBB, that sometimes gets results

Steve Hayes
03-01-2006, 9:21 AM
The band saw was delivered. Looks great but very oily. Any suggestions for the oil clean up?

Tyler Howell
03-01-2006, 9:56 AM
Steve,
Try a plain rag in that doesn't work some WD40
Congrats and Pix please.

Anthony Anderson
03-01-2006, 10:00 AM
They seem to be having trouble getting me the tracking #.

Steve, It will be coming freight. I recently ordered a Delta Jointer and a Performax 22-44 and they were both freight. I could not track on Amazon's site, but could use the tracking number that Amazon emailed me on the freight company's website. Mine was ABF, and they are technologically up to date. I would say that not all freight companies are not though. Call Amazon to check on the status of shipping, and to make sure there are not any problems. Good luck, Bill

Anthony Anderson
03-01-2006, 10:21 AM
Just read your post Steve, Congratulations. I cleaned mine up using Lacquer Thinner. Good Ventilation and respirator. Regards, Bill

Steve Hayes
03-01-2006, 10:24 AM
When the person delivered the saw his pallet had a couple of loose boards which he promptly threw next to my fence and left them. I did not tip the guy, was I wrong or right? I know that he should not have left his trash in my yard. ABF was excellent as far as setting a time for the delivery though. But the driver left a bit to be desired.

Anthony Anderson
03-01-2006, 10:30 AM
I have had very good service from Amazon. Any problems that I have had they have taken care of promptly. This is the first time that this ever happened. I kind of figured that this may have been a typo when I ordered it. People make mistakes. I would not want someone to get fired for something as silly as this. Nor would I want Amazon to go Belly UP. They corrected the mistake and notifiied me. Still great service and I will continue ordering from them in the future. Good Deals and Great Service. That is becoming a rarity in bricks and mortar stores. Nope, I don't work for Amazon. Regards, Bill