PDA

View Full Version : WW POI between Michigan and Florida

James Biddle
02-25-2006, 9:51 AM
I'm starting my annual trek to Florida next week and am looking for new ww places to visit along the way down and back. Hartville Tool and Highland Hardware are on my list every year. Where else would you stop? Any pro cabinets shops along the way that wouldn't mind me taking a peek?

Bob Wingard
02-25-2006, 10:47 AM
William Redmond & Sons .. .. just outside of Atlanta near I-285 .. .. lots of old, refurbished Delta & Powermatic stuff. They buy up equipment from schools & factories & resell it. LOTS of obsolete and hard to find parts !! !! !!

James Biddle
02-25-2006, 4:28 PM
Good suggestion!

Michael Gibbons
02-25-2006, 8:22 PM
Check and see if The Shaker village at Pleasant Hill Kentucky is open. My family and I went on our way back from Florida 2 years ago. Couple hours of the beaten path.

John Timberlake
02-26-2006, 2:39 PM
If you are going to Hartville, then the Museum of Early Southern Decorative Arts at Old Salem, NC might be a good place to stop if you like Southern furniture. They give a very good tour, but not touching or pictures. Check for opening times first.

Ralph Barhorst
02-26-2006, 2:58 PM
I'm starting my annual trek to Florida next week and am looking for new ww places to visit along the way down and back.

If you are looking for a real good selection of lumber, you may want to stop off at Frank Miller Lumber in Union City, Indiana. It is 35 miles west of Interstate 75 (Piqua, Ohio exit).

They are having their annual Spring Blowout sale on April 22. Last year they sold 19,000 board feet of lumber on that day. They also have a March special with good prices on various lumber.

Check out their website or let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.frankmiller.com/

I have no connection with them other than a happy customer.

James Biddle
02-27-2006, 11:07 PM
More good suggestions, Thanks!