PDA

View Full Version : Weekend doin's?

Bob Lasley
08-01-2003, 9:23 AM
Good Friday Morning Everyone,

Wow, not only did Friday get here in a hurry, the calendar says its August! The thermometer says its August, too. Supposed to be 102 today. For those of you not headed to the Five Barns shindig, what's happening this weekend?

I started milling lumber last night for bookshelves for my youngest daughter, so I will be working on those as time allows this weekend. Also, have a couple of small projects that need finishing. SWMBO told me this morning that I have yard work that needs doing so I am hoping for rain. Shoot, the yard needs rain more than it needs work, don't you think so?

For those of you headed to Grumbine's, have a safe trip and a great time. Sure wish I could be there.

Have a great weekend all,
Bob

Jim Becker
08-01-2003, 9:30 AM
The 5-barns pic-a-nick is on the bill for Saturday...SWMBO and I will be driving over in the morning to enjoy the day. For me, it's a day off from the kitchen renovation (http://sawsndust.com/p_kit-demo.htm). Drywall went up on Wednesday finally and I got back to the cabinet-making efforts. Sunday and next week will be dedicated to that effort. Hopefully, the range will arrive mid-next week. I'm planning on having that 600 lb beast placed before I start installing the base cabinets so "I" don't have to move it!

Steve Clardy
08-01-2003, 9:46 AM
Working on a set of cabinets. Also need to do some work on our recent bath addition in a bedroom, finish up the mess in the yard and driveway from the backhoe being here.
Could also use some rain here, about burnt up. Grass is brown, tree leaves turning yellow and falling off. However, no rain, no yard maintence.
Steve

Terry Hatfield
08-01-2003, 10:24 AM
Bob,

SOS for me. Still trying to get this hail storm in the books...and in the bank. :D

Hopefully I will have some time left to work a bit more on my buddies kitchen stuff. His SWMBO is not happy. :mad: Hope fully we can have at least some of the doors done by the end of the weekend.

Everyone have a good one. Wish I was at Grumbine's. Oh well, maybe next year.

Terry

David Blangger
08-01-2003, 10:38 AM
I am planning to be at Grumbine's next year :D

I do have Saturday through Monday off but SWMBO says it just ain't in the budget :confused:

Everyone have a great time and be safe....looking forward to pictures and hearing all about it.

David

Lee Schierer
08-01-2003, 10:49 AM
At 12:00 sharp I will be out the door and not looking back. Have to make one stop to pick up the goodies for Saturday then LOML and I are off.

Remember, its not too late to come until Sunday.

Tom Sweeney
08-01-2003, 1:00 PM
Well let's see. I'm leaving work early today - about 1:30
Then I have 10 lbs of chicken marinating in a spicy Jamaican Jerk marinate so I'll finish that up then lets see. . hmm...maybe....I guess I'll get in th explorer & take a little drive about an hour + north of here & see if anything's going on up that way :D I heard there was some picnic or something.

Then Saturday - back up to 5 barns then Sunday church & then a Church Picnic for the music groups (LOML & LOML jr - you don't want to hear me sing).

So much for the diet I'm on :rolleyes:

All in all it should be a fun weekend. :)

Byron Trantham
08-01-2003, 5:34 PM
Still working on the first of three pieces of baby furniture for my son and his wife. The chest of drawers is first. Here's the carcass almost done. BTW, I've done in sassafras - oak wanna-be. I get it (4/4) for free. The well is getting dry though. I hope I have enough to finish the other two pieces.

Phil Phelps
08-01-2003, 8:58 PM
....what do you do with three fingers?? Well, for one, I have to dig up a solenoid valve on the sprinkler system. Crock!!! No stinkin golf :mad: just one handed diggin'. I look forward to "normal". Have a good weekend folks. :)

Jeff Cybulski
08-01-2003, 9:14 PM
Hi all - driving down to Flower Mound TX in the morning to pick up a box blade for the John Deere. Got a great deal on e-bay for it. Sunday is picking out the new kitchen sink and faucet for the new house......Seems WWing will be put on hold till the kitchen is done and the Okie summer breaks.

Have a safe weekend!
Jeff

Jim Baker
08-01-2003, 10:14 PM
My main project for this weekend is installing, sanding and finishing a raised panel pole cover we made to cover an ugly steel support pole in our basement. It should be interesting sanding and staining it over carpet in our carpeted basement living room. I hope it doesn't turn out like the commercial on This Old House where the poor guy is painting and knocks over his ladder and paint can, ruining the nice rug.

Other than that, it's a birthday party for our nephews, church, first day of Vacation Bible School, and taking our daughter to church camp.

John Miliunas
08-01-2003, 10:23 PM
Well, I won't be seeing Boo-Boo this weekend ('Ya know...Pick-a-nic basket and all that nonsense). Though I'd really LOVE to be there, it's gonna' have to wait for another year. BUT, I am making a trip to my local sawmill and picking up a couple boards of Maple for Christmas present cutting boards. If it's not raining, a little more creative landscaping to divert water *away* from my shop door. Maybe even finish cleaning the shop from last project. Hope all the picnic goers have a safe trip to/from a great time! :cool: