PDA

View Full Version : cheap sprayer?

Jack Wood
02-24-2006, 2:45 AM
I have seen in hobby shops these small compressed air can spray kits that look like they would work for small projects in the shop. Has anyone had one of these or an alternate? I have an air tank with a dual regulator but I don't want one of those big auto type sprayers. I would only be mixing up 1/2 pint to pints worth of spray. I would like to use lacquer, shellac and polyurethane plus coloured paints, in other words everything:D So for under a 100 bucks can I get a good system?

Matt Meiser
02-24-2006, 9:52 AM
You could use a touch up gun. I think homestead finishing sells some at a decent price.

Tim Sproul
02-24-2006, 11:55 AM
I would like to use lacquer, shellac and polyurethane plus coloured paints, in other words everything:D So for under a 100 bucks can I get a good system?

I doubt you'll find a complete system to spray that variety of material for under $100. Cheap tools are very expensive.

I'll second Matt's suggestion you contact Homestead finishing. Let Jeff know you're budget constrained. He won't try to oversell you. There were some 'accessory' type items I thought I wanted/needed. He suggested I don't get some of them based on what I was spraying and how often. I suspect his margins are much better on these accessory items than on the Target Coatings or the spray guns I purchased so it was in his financial interest to sell me those accessories.

I have the Walcom STM touch-up gun and works really well, though I don't know how well it would spray thick paints. I think there is an Asturomec touch-up gun in the $100 price range. You can add additional needle/nozzle in the future to spray additional materials, if needed.