PDA

View Full Version : Walnut shelf - scrolled

Terry Quiram
07-31-2003, 8:59 PM
I made this for my wife so she had a place to put her new radio. She threatened to BUY one. Shelf is 10.5 x 32 and brackets are 1x8.5x12. 6 coats of Deft Satin lacquer. I spent about 45 minutes on each bracket to scroll the pattern.

Terry

Dennis Peacock
07-31-2003, 9:07 PM
EXCELLENT Job Terry!!!!! It would have taken me about 2 days to scroll those out. You did real good!!!!! A very nice choice of wood as well.

Keep up all that scroll sawing and you may even break that fancy saw of yours in for the first time.!! ;)

Jim Baker
07-31-2003, 9:11 PM
Buy one??? That would have to be some kind of a crime when she lives with a master craftsman like you! Beautiful work as always, Terry.

Ron Jones near Indy
07-31-2003, 9:47 PM
Only 45 minutes per bracket. I don't think my Dremel will run for 45 minutes. I'm adding a real scroll saw to my list of "top priority" purchases. Now if I could buy skill off the shelf at Wal-Mart . . .
Very nice. Thanks for showing it.

Kevin Gerstenecker
07-31-2003, 11:00 PM
That's BOOOTIFUL Terry! I'll bet your Wife is thrilled with that shelf! You just gotta love the look of Walnut for projects like this. The Scroll work is awesome! ;) Thanks for sharing the picture Terry! :D

Dominic Greco
07-31-2003, 11:12 PM
Terry,
That is one fine looking job! I've never had the chance to try out sroll work, but your shelf makes me want to.

See ya,
Dominic