PDA

View Full Version : Festol or not to Festool II

John Keane
02-23-2006, 9:45 PM
When I first came to California 50 some odd years ago, you could walk into a store and ask for something. If the store didn't have it or stock it the clerk would politely tell you that, and then suggest a store that might have it. I recently had an experience buying a Festool from fellow Creeker Bob Marino. The way he conduct his business reminds me of California 50 odd years ago.

Jim Becker
02-23-2006, 10:00 PM
Indeed. Uncle Bob is most-excellent to do business with. Nice guy, too! :)

Bob Marino
02-23-2006, 10:21 PM
I recently had an experience buying a Festool from fellow Creeker Bob Marino. The way he conduct his business reminds me of California 50 odd years ago.[/quote]

John,

Yes, especially the odd part:D :) :D

Thanks for the kind words.

Bob

Cecil Arnold
02-23-2006, 10:49 PM
Uncle Bob does good work--and sells a good product.

Peter Pedisich
02-23-2006, 10:55 PM
Yep, Bob's a class act.

My dad once told me - "When buying a suit or gettin' a haircut, go to an old-timer"

Bob's not an "old-timer";) but he does business like one.

Pete

Dennis Peacock
02-24-2006, 12:31 AM
Uncle Bob's the BEST in my book. Why buy from a store when you can buy from Uncle Bob? :D

Frank Pellow
02-24-2006, 8:17 AM
50 years ago, my Dad had a harware store and ran it the way you mentioned.

I too, do business with Bob, and in doing so, I am treated every bit as well by Bob as my Dad treated his customers. Thanks Bob! (and thanks Dad!)

Ed Labadie
02-24-2006, 8:40 AM
Bob is number 1. :D

Ed

John Stevens
02-24-2006, 9:33 AM
Bob's a pleasure to do business with.

Scott Coffelt
02-24-2006, 10:43 AM
Totally agree. Last year I met the new ISA for this area, he wanted to know wo I dealt with and I said UB. Told him I would not think of going anywhere else. Top notch service in my book.

Bob Swenson
02-24-2006, 2:22 PM
Uncle Bob and Festool are both top of the line.

Norman Hitt
02-24-2006, 3:18 PM
Did the "Shop Rebuild" get finished, and when are we going to see Pictures of the Final Project?:confused: The Posts from Per have also been kinda sparse lately, so I was wondering if You've got him Boarded up in there somewhere til he orders some more FesTools?:D

Bob Marino
02-24-2006, 4:41 PM
Did the "Shop Rebuild" get finished, and when are we going to see Pictures of the Final Project?:confused: The Posts from Per have also been kinda sparse lately, so I was wondering if You've got him Boarded up in there somewhere til he orders some more FesTools?:D

Board Per up:D :eek: :D ? Nobody can do that!

Between dealing with some god-awful masonary contractors who tied things up and a bout of acute diverticulitis, the shop has been on hold. The electricity/lights, heater, a/c and insulation are installed. But all that needs to be done at this point is touch up painting, laying the vinyl-coin garage flooring, shelving and organizing the tools. Hopefully, not too much longer.

Bob

Chris Padilla
02-25-2006, 4:05 AM
Bob,

You need to widen all your doors with all this lavish praise!! Now which tool to use??? :D

Norman Hitt
02-26-2006, 5:46 AM
Board Per up:D :eek: :D ? Nobody can do that!

Between dealing with some god-awful masonary contractors who tied things up and a bout of acute diverticulitis, the shop has been on hold. The electricity/lights, heater, a/c and insulation are installed. But all that needs to be done at this point is touch up painting, laying the vinyl-coin garage flooring, shelving and organizing the tools. Hopefully, not too much longer.

Bob

I'll bet it's sure gonna be nice when it's finished, and that flooring you mentioned is great, just wish it weren't so expensive. It sure holds up well over the long haul though and seems real easy to keep clean. Can't wait to see the pics.

Per Swenson
02-26-2006, 6:25 AM
Ahh, you guys are funny.

"Boarded up in there somewhere til he orders some more FesTools?:D
Board Per up:D :eek: :D ? Nobody can do that!"

Sparse Hunh? Ok your right. Actually I have been(I do hate this expression)

"Out in the field", rather then in the shop. This causing not being able to

give my proper attention to this forum. Sorry.

About Bob Marino. Folks ,if everyone in America gave the same dedication , knowledge and pride to their jobs as Bob does, The USA GNP would
jump 1000%

Per

Bob Marino
02-26-2006, 9:29 PM
I'll bet it's sure gonna be nice when it's finished, and that flooring you mentioned is great, just wish it weren't so expensive. It sure holds up well over the long haul though and seems real easy to keep clean. Can't wait to see the pics.

Actually, I am considering placing a subfloor (possibly Dri-core) underneath the vinyl sheet as it would be way easier on the legs, back and feet. I think though that if I had to do it again, I would have gotten those "Racedeck" garage tiles as they have much more cushion than does the vinyl sheets.

Bob