PDA

View Full Version : A New House-Update #26 Long-With Pix

Karl Laustrup
02-23-2006, 7:45 PM
February 23rd, 2006

The shingles are going on.

The roofer was already there when I got there at 7:15. He was sweeping the dusting of snow off the roof and it wasn't long before he started laying down the shingles. By the time I left at about 3:30 he had almost half of the total roof done.

32614 32615
The pictures were taken around 1 PM. I'm sure he'll finish up tomorrow.

Norm the electrician was back and got closer to finishing his rough in for inspection tomorrow, but other than the roofer he was the only sub today.

Benny and Dan finished up the framing for the tub and then started doing the framing next to the stairs. Benny also reworked the stairs to include the landing. Tomorrow will be Benny and Dan's last day for at least a week. They still have to do whatever is going to happen with the bay window and finish framing in the basement. I also have some blocks for them to put in for towel bars, TP holders, etc. I'm going to miss seeing them every day, but I guess we must move on.

The inspector is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. His pass of the work so far will mean insulation will go in the walls Monday.

WOW! I'm really starting to realize that it's not that far away.

Thanks for looking.

Karl

Matt Meiser
02-23-2006, 7:51 PM
Its really starting to come along. It seems to be going up really fast too.

Cecil Arnold
02-23-2006, 9:06 PM
Karl, you should start looking for the drink that made Milwaukee Famous, your house warming is just around the corner--not. When we built it seemed that things really slowed down after it was dried in. That's just a feeling, since you can't see as much "stuff" done every day. You seem to have a good GC so hopefully he will keep the crews moving through. That really speeds things up.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-23-2006, 9:40 PM
Wow Karl! Things are really moving along! Sounds like you have a good contractor and he's got good subs!

Vaughn McMillan
02-24-2006, 3:26 AM
Man, they continue to blaze away on the house, Karl. Well done to all.

- Vaughn

Tom Drake
02-24-2006, 5:41 AM
Hard to believe how fast this is all coming together Karl. Looking really good too.

John Miliunas
02-24-2006, 8:26 AM
Dang it, dude!!! That shop is really coming along great! :) Hope those guys do just as well on the house!!! :D :) :cool: