PDA

View Full Version : J-Line bowl lathe on the auction site

Jeff Horton
02-23-2006, 11:08 AM
Just thought I would mention that there is a J-Line Bowl lathe on that auction site near the Bay we can't link to. This is only the second one I have seen. I own the other one. This one looks complete and original.

I like mine a lot. I just need to make a heavier tool rest for roughing out of log stock. I also equipted mine with a DC motor and speed control. But just thought someone might be interested. I would like to have this one but I have to many other real needs that come before my wants. :)

Pat Salter
02-23-2006, 11:03 PM
I saw that, I have one too. I bought it with a 3 phase motor I had to replace, and no banjo or tailstock. I found that a delta 12" tailstock works great (about 240 bucks) and the delta banjo also works great, I'm putting some BIG (the full 12") chunks of wood through it and it works great! I did fill the legs with sand to give it some stabalization though.

oops, just noticed, mine isn't the "bowl lathe" model, just the J170

I paid $100 for the lathe, and with everything else I'm up to about $600 total. If I remember right the bidding on that starts about $2k.
I'd love to see how you did dc motor and speed control. How much did that run you? and what's your speed range with it?

hmm, I'll try to take some pix of it tomorrow night. Would like to see some of yours, especially the motor part:D