PDA

View Full Version : JET DC1100/DC1200 Great upgrade deal

Dave Dionne
02-22-2006, 8:17 AM
Was looking at Amazon this morning and they have the canister upgrade for the DC1100/1200 on sale for $59.00. Includes canister and brackets and poly waste bags.

Not sure if anyone alrady posted this but i thought it was a great deal

Dave

Tyler Howell
02-22-2006, 9:27 AM
Thanks Dave,
Do you have a link???
Can't find it with a site search.

Gary Hoemann
02-22-2006, 9:30 AM
It states these are not in stock yet, but will ship soon. I ordered it and got free shippiong and $30 off for the credit card app. Thanks

Anthony Anderson
02-22-2006, 9:57 AM
Thanks for the heads up Dave. I still have the old 30 micron bags on the DC1100, and we seem to get some dust on the main floor of the house, the shop is in the basement. Hopefully this will cut down on that and make the air in the shop cleaner. Thanks again, Bill

Dave Dionne
02-22-2006, 1:09 PM
For the canister upgrade

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006XMTO/qid=1140631158/sr=1-21/ref=sr_1_21/103-7398859-5859837?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=228013

Tyler Howell
02-22-2006, 1:14 PM
Thanks Dave
Placed an order for a little experiment I'm going to try in all my spare time:rolleyes: ,
This is a better price the the Wyn conversion kit.;)

Dave Dionne
02-22-2006, 1:33 PM
Tyler

It is a much better price that is how I found it, I saw the thread about hte Wynn enviromental canister so I went searching to see how cheap I could find a DC1100 for when I came across the this up grade. I was hoping somebody could use it.

Good luck Dave

Jeffrey Makiel
02-22-2006, 1:39 PM
This forum is killing me! The more I read, the more I buy.

Right now I'm a bag man. I have decent quality bags. I have read many posts from folks that have had clogging problems with cannisters and this has made me leary. But now the cannister is only $56.00 including shipping!

I must admit that I don't like fussing with filter bags anymore. I'm on the fence now...please give me push either way. :)

-Jeff

Hal Flynt
02-22-2006, 1:45 PM
I ordered on too. At that price, I am happy!

Thanks for the heads up!

Gary Hoemann
02-22-2006, 2:00 PM
Jeff, if you are willing to fill out their credit card application, it goes down to $26. Had to give it a try for that.

Michael Ballent
02-22-2006, 2:02 PM
I just picked one up as well... The price is too good to pass up, and if I need to muck with the setup to get it to fit with my Jet DC I can still live with that :D. I have the older 17" diameter style, but with the instructions on how to adapt the Wynn canister I think I am armed with what I need to get it to fit on mine. :D

Rob Blaustein
02-22-2006, 2:06 PM
I don't mean to dampen the enthusiasm, but I thought the Wynn cartridges had more favorable filtering specs in terms of particle size clearance. I'm not positive, but when I looked into this before buying one (I bought one from Wynn) I think that was one of the reasons I went with Wynn over the ones that Jet sold (which are made by someone else of course--JEt and Wynn simply distribute).

Tyler Howell
02-22-2006, 2:08 PM
I have the 1200 canister system already That I'm very happy with. I thought I'd try something with my old 650 that I bought back:o .

Jeff Monson
02-22-2006, 2:22 PM
Will this kit fit a delta dc, model ap400??

Jeffrey Makiel
02-22-2006, 3:21 PM
Jeff,
If you look at the customer portion of the Amazon website, one customer shows what you get with the filter. It actually includes the metal bag tree which will increase your existing bag tree to 20" dia if it already isn't. It's probably just a matter of drilling new holes for the support rods at worst. As for myself, I don't think I need this part. I believe the kit also includes a few plastic lower bags.

Gary...As far as giving me another credit card for toys...bad, bad idea! :) Anyhow, I just bought the darn thing anyway! There was a blue light flashing over my computer.

cheers, Jeff

Dan Stuewe
02-22-2006, 3:29 PM
I don't mean to dampen the enthusiasm, but I thought the Wynn cartridges had more favorable filtering specs in terms of particle size clearance. I'm not positive, but when I looked into this before buying one (I bought one from Wynn) I think that was one of the reasons I went with Wynn over the ones that Jet sold (which are made by someone else of course--JEt and Wynn simply distribute).

Looks like the JET goes down to 2 microns. The two retro-fit filters from Wynn go to 1 (99.995%) or 0.5 (99.99%).

http://www.wynnenv.com/35A_series_cartridge_kit.htm

Michael Ballent
02-22-2006, 3:45 PM
Well for me I have the older style DC from Jet so moving up from the 17" diameter to 20" will put me more in line with what is availble for upgrades. Once this Jet filter needs to be replaced I will probably get the Wynn and the upgrade to that will be much simpler. Besides I live in sunny Arizona and the shop is in the garage so I usually place the DC in driveway anyway. I am really looking for improving the flow of the system. For my situation it makes sense to go this route.

Looks like the JET goes down to 2 microns. The two retro-fit filters from Wynn go to 1 (99.995%) or 0.5 (99.99%).

http://www.wynnenv.com/35A_series_cartridge_kit.htm

John Shuk
02-22-2006, 4:22 PM
I have a delta 50-850. Anyone think this will fit that?

Gilbert Vega
02-22-2006, 6:17 PM
I have a delta 50-850. Anyone think this will fit that?
I have the 50-850 and I beleive it fits. Ordered one while the price was $56. If nothing else, all I have to do is to paint the Jet middle part Delta gray and I'm all set.

Dan Stuewe
02-22-2006, 7:57 PM
Hopefully those of you who ordered it earlier will get the price. I hesitated and now the item is no longer available. News must have spread pretty far and wide, it went from #2104 yesterday to #4 today (sales ranking). I did put one in my "cart" and got a warning that it wasn't available, but there is one in my "saved items" for $190.

Bill Lewis
02-22-2006, 8:16 PM
Wouldn't you know it, I sold my DC1200.

There was a time when I considered keeping it and constructing a home built cyclone from the Wood mag plans, but I really wanted the better filtration too, and the filter canister kit was a good $200. This setup would have taken more floor space that I would have liked. I factored all of this in to selling the unit and buying an Oneida 2HP commercial (just 4-6 months before the gorilla came out).

i sometimes regret not keeping the Jet collector, because I could/will one day have a second outside shop/barn/wood storage and it would be nice to also move a planer out there.

OTOH, I don't regret the cyclone one bit.

Mike Goetzke
02-22-2006, 9:37 PM
Does anyone know what material this filter is? Poly or paper?

Thanks,

Mike

Jeffrey Makiel
02-22-2006, 11:02 PM
A person on another forum claimed he called JET twice and got both answers! Another person stated that JET started making them out of poly a short while back.
-Jeff

John Shuk
02-23-2006, 6:19 AM
Missed it!!!!!!!! This is me stamping my feet using sailor language.

Tyler Howell
02-23-2006, 8:39 AM
Hopefully those of you who ordered it earlier will get the price. I hesitated and now the item is no longer available. News must have spread pretty far and wide, it went from #2104 yesterday to #4 today (sales ranking). I did put one in my "cart" and got a warning that it wasn't available, but there is one in my "saved items" for $190.

Very interesting!!!!! We'll see when and if this thing ever gets here. Great price but we could be getting what we paid for:o .