PDA

View Full Version : Just got home and there's this box..!!!!??

Dennis Peacock
02-21-2006, 11:56 PM
Just got home a few minutes ago and the LOML said that I gotta box today. Me thinks, ok....got some wood in from somebody that I had worked out an exchange of sorts.
She said, nope....I don't think so....it says Craft Supplies on the outside. Hummmmm, Well....I didn't order no craft supplies, did you?
Nope, don't have any money to order any craft supplies.
I walk in a take a look at the box.
NOT Craft Supplies.....but Craft Supply.
I'm still scratching my head wondering if Mark had snuck up and ordered me a new 5.5" drum chuck or sumpin. I cut open the box to find:

A Lyle Jamison Hollowing tool.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :D :D
A video for us dummies that don't know which end of a hollowing rig to hold. :D

Wiping tears from my eyes with a heart FULL of THANKS!!!!!!

I'm much better at giving than receiving, but I'm both Honored and Humbled by the generosity of everyone.

May I be a blessing to anyone that had anything to do with this.

<b>THANK YOU!!!!!!!!</B>

Now...gotta go and watch this video and take the wrapping off these tools.!!!!!:rolleyes: :D :D

Bernie Weishapl
02-22-2006, 12:07 AM
Congrats Dennis. What a nice surprise to come home to.

Corey Hallagan
02-22-2006, 12:11 AM
That is very cool Dennis, congrats!

corey

Ken Fitzgerald
02-22-2006, 12:16 AM
Congrats Dennis! Nobody more deserving than you!

Bob Noles
02-22-2006, 6:28 AM
Congratulations Dennis.

Looks like you have the type of real friends you talk about in that signature line of yours.

What goes around comes around.

Be sure to share pictures of what you make with it.

Nice haul! :)

John Hart
02-22-2006, 6:35 AM
What's this? I've gone blind!!!! I can't see it!!! What does a video look like?:D

Seriously Dennis....What Bob said.

Looks like there's folks that think very highly of you. Can't wait to see your work!

Congratulations!:)

Travis Stinson
02-22-2006, 6:44 AM
Awesome! Congratulations Dennis. Enjoy that baby! Looking forward to seeing what you make with it.:D

Dick Parr
02-22-2006, 6:50 AM
Congrats Dennis, glad to here ya got a new toy. Enjoy it.:)

David Fried
02-22-2006, 7:16 AM
Woot! Woot!

Congrats!!

Can't wait to see what you make with it.

Dave Fried

Gary Max
02-22-2006, 7:20 AM
What's this???????? Where are the PIC's
we want pic's----WE WANT PICS
Congrats Dennis could not of happened to a better person.

Jim Dunn
02-22-2006, 7:44 AM
Congrats Dennis, but what Gary said, PICS. Don't want to have call Tyler. He'll bring his thong to the fight.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-22-2006, 7:55 AM
UH Tyler......Dennis appears to be taking advantage of his position as a moderator. A SUPPOSED GLOAT BUT NO PHOTO................ TYLER........... TYLER .....................

John Hart
02-22-2006, 7:58 AM
Perhaps we should shine a giant thong in the night sky like Batman! :D

.....Where are you Thongman???!!!!

Andy Hoyt
02-22-2006, 8:08 AM
Give him a chance guys. Dennis is probably trying to figure out if it works better standing up or lying down.

That better, ken?

Ken Fitzgerald
02-22-2006, 8:10 AM
Tyler's thong works better standing up or laying down?:confused:

Tyler Howell
02-22-2006, 8:16 AM
Southern Brother!!
Going to speak softly and calmly

Pictures!!!!!
That's a nice Gloat.;)

Keith Burns
02-22-2006, 8:20 AM
That is way cool Dennis, couldn't happen to a nicer guy:) :) . Now you must produce some more of that Arkansas Round !:) :)

Bob Noles
02-22-2006, 8:36 AM
Hey Dennis..... it's time to get up and take some pictures.

Just how late do you Arkansas folks sleep anyhow? :D

Mike Ramsey
02-22-2006, 8:53 AM
Good for you Dennis! Very Special gloat! Dang..I must still be in
text only mode! Can't see any pics! Gotta figure this thing out....

Mark Cothren
02-22-2006, 8:58 AM
Congrats ol' buddy! Can't wait to try it out... er, uh, I mean I can't wait to see YOU try it out....:D

Very nice!!!!

Steve Clardy
02-22-2006, 9:26 AM
You've been warned by Tyler.:eek:

Now where's the pics?

John Miliunas
02-22-2006, 9:44 AM
Way cool, Dennis!!! :D Kinda' like what my signature line professes! :) Now, not to put a damper on this but, PICTURES?????:eek: :confused: :D :cool:

Dennis Peacock
02-22-2006, 11:32 AM
Southern Brother!!
Going to speak softly and calmly

Pictures!!!!!
That's a nice Gloat.;)

OK...Ok....but ya gotta give me time to take the pics. It was late when I got in last night and it's been an early start to today....so my rest cycle has been pretty short. I'll do my best tonight to get and post some pics.

Dennis Peacock
02-22-2006, 11:34 AM
Hey Dennis..... it's time to get up and take some pictures.

Just how late do you Arkansas folks sleep anyhow? :D

LOL!!!!! The question is Bob.....how many hours per day are we allocated FOR SLEEP.....Mark it down in your book for 5 when work ain't calling real hard.

Cecil Arnold
02-22-2006, 1:46 PM
Great gloat Dennis, couldn't happen to a nicer guy, now--

PICTURES.

Jim Becker
02-22-2006, 3:16 PM
Ooh! ooh!! ooh!! You're gonna like that tool, Dennis!! Oh, you're gonna like that tool. Hollowing will become your favorite thing 'cause it will no long be such gruesome physical work. Trust me...you're gonna like it. ;)

Jim Ketron
02-22-2006, 9:02 PM
Congrats Dennis!
Can't wait to see your first HF

Joe Blankshain
02-22-2006, 9:41 PM
Cograts Dennis. well deserved based on you rparticipationon the site. We are still waiting for the PICTURES

Dennis Peacock
02-22-2006, 10:52 PM
OK, ok......Here's a pic of the Lyle Jamieson Hollowing Tool. I will need to make the primary tool rest for it, but believe it or not, it comes with a plan to make one from wood. So I may be doing that this weekend.:D

I sat up until 1AM this morning watching the video that was sent with it!!:rolleyes: The video took a LOT of the mystery out of my bewilderment and greatly reduced the "fear factor" for me in wanting to attempt hollow forms. I still can't belive that I actually have a hollowing tool!!!!!:eek:

All I can still say....whoever did this? I am truly GRATEFUL!!!!!!

Jim Dunn
02-22-2006, 11:07 PM
Dennis a great friend indeed. Good luck with that chunk of iron.

Bruce Shiverdecker
02-23-2006, 12:08 AM
WOWSER.....................OOPS got to wipe up the slobber. Missed the keyboard...................thankfully.

Want to see something hollow from that thing.................Soon!

Bruce

Bob Noles
02-23-2006, 6:19 AM
Wow Dennis.....

Great tool.... now go make something hollow with it :)

John Hart
02-23-2006, 6:20 AM
oooooh ahhhhhhh. I gotta get one of those there things m'self.....someday.....maybe. It'll make Bertha jealous though.:rolleyes: :)

Glenn Clabo
02-23-2006, 7:11 AM
:rolleyes: The video took a LOT of the mystery out of my bewilderment and greatly reduced the "fear factor" for me in wanting to attempt hollow forms.

Okay Mr. P...now will you please take on the task of taking the mystery out of this tool for us dizzy spinning newbe people? I've stared at your new tool for a long time now...without a clue.

Jim Dunn
02-23-2006, 7:15 AM
Glenn you have to get deeper into the VORTEX. I think you use it with a rather wide tool rest and it's design takes the torque out of the tool. It applies the torque to the offset arm so you don't have to worry about tool angle, as much. Dennis, am I right?

Tyler Howell
02-23-2006, 8:33 AM
Okay Mr. P...now will you please take on the task of taking the mystery out of this tool for us dizzy spinning newbe people? I've stared at your new tool for a long time now...without a clue.
I get it!!!
But won't I can walk away from the powerful vortex force:D :D
The world is flat.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-23-2006, 8:35 AM

Glenn.....the proper nomenclature is NOT "newbie" but rather "experience challenged".............:rolleyes: :D

Glenn Clabo
02-23-2006, 8:52 AM
More like gray matter challenged for me these days Ken...it seems I left something behind during all those so called liberty calls back in the day. :D

Glenn Clabo
02-23-2006, 8:59 AM
Oh ya...A guy who wears a pink thong:eek: ... thinks the world is flat ...:confused: and seems to need pictures of everything :p ... gets it BEFORE me ... that makes me feel so much better this morning. I feel a vacation coming on.

Dennis Peacock
02-23-2006, 9:07 AM

Glenn,

Not to worry sir. I intend on making the rear tool rest and I'll post the pics of it and then I'll post my first attempts of using this new golly-geewhiz thang. :D I got the wood to make the tool rest from.....I'm off work tomorrow, so just maybe....Tomorrow!!!!!! I think I'm sold on the idea of tomorrow to make the primary rear tool rest. :D

Ed Scolforo
02-23-2006, 10:01 AM
Congratulations, Dennis. What a great gift!
Ed

Cecil Arnold
02-23-2006, 11:17 AM
Dennis the tool rest should not take more than a half day even letting the glue dry.

Glenn, you're back at the torpedo juice thing again I see.

Jim Becker
02-23-2006, 12:23 PM
Dennis, definitely make your own rear rest...it's easy and very cost effective. BTW, make it so you can adjust the rest laterally. There are some times when you want more movement to the right on certain size and shape hollow forms. I did this by making the actual rest assembly independent of the base that holds it at the correct height off the ways and have several holes to use the studded knob that holds it to the base. If you need a picture, let me know...