PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen Design

Rick Bullick
02-21-2006, 11:45 PM
I just moved and the kitchen is original to my 48 year old house. I need to re-think it a little bit before I start remodeling. Does anybody know of any resources to redesign a kitchen, like any software or books? I appreciate the help.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-21-2006, 11:50 PM
Rick......Welcome to the Creek! Wade right in the water's fine. You might get more response to this on the design forum. It's moderated by one of our very own architects, Mark Singer!

There are a lot of software programs out there for basic design and a lot o good books too! I would suggest you go to the Taunton Press.....Fine Homebuilding website and view some of their articles and books. I've not been disappointed with any book I've bought from them!

Again..........Welcome.

Norman Hitt
02-22-2006, 2:38 AM
I used to have a book, (before I loaned it to a friend's wife--haven't seen it since their divorce), that was appropriately titled, "The Kitchen Book", and it was really a good book for getting the proper "Work Triangle" layout, and other design features. I can't remember the author or publisher, but I'm sure there are some good books out there today with the same type information, or maybe even a new edition of this same book.