PDA

View Full Version : Just so Don Farr doesn't worry about me...

Mike Schwing
07-31-2003, 9:47 AM
:) I'm off again Don - this time to Maine for a week of fishing and enjoying the Maine Lobster Festival.

I do plan on stopping by the Center for Furniture Craftsmanship in Rockport while there... so at least there's a bit of woodworking involved...
http://www.woodschool.org/

Don Farr
07-31-2003, 12:09 PM
Have fun while I'm slaving over this hot desk. :(
Let me know how your bandsaw table turns out. I have been building the same one.

Mike Schwing
07-31-2003, 12:35 PM
Will do Don. I'm actually taking my time with it but I've got the entire table built and attached, and I have to say, its very impressive. Rock solid attachment, and finally my skills are getting to the point where things fit like a glove.

I decided that rather than fish around for all of the oddball hardware I'd buy the kit from Schlabaugh & Sons and I'm very glad I did, every piece of hardware, including the T-track, knobs, angle iron, everything, is right there.

Dave Anderson NH
07-31-2003, 12:46 PM
One note for you is that to get to Peter Korn's, you have to drive by the Lie-Neilsen factory and showroom on Rte 1. Just keep your eyes peeled to the right (eastor seaside) when you go thru Warren. Bring Money, you won't be able to resist the temptation-- trust me on this one.

Mike Schwing
07-31-2003, 1:02 PM
One note for you is that to get to Peter Korn's, you have to drive by the Lie-Neilsen factory and showroom on Rte 1. Just keep your eyes peeled to the right (eastor seaside) when you go thru Warren. Bring Money, you won't be able to resist the temptation-- trust me on this one.

OH CRAP! (thanks)

Jim Becker
07-31-2003, 1:19 PM
OH CRAP! (thanks)

You know you want some, Mike... :D Like the man said...bring money!

Mike Schwing
07-31-2003, 1:40 PM
One note for you is that to get to Peter Korn's, you have to drive by the Lie-Neilsen factory and showroom on Rte 1.

Oh Dear God I just looked at the website and they're only a few miles away from my favorite Moody's Diner. I bet I've driven past there a dozen times without ever seeing it before. You can bet my eyes will be peeled this time. Holy canoli, a plate of freshly fried scallops and then off to the Lie-Neilson factory. If I could manage to fit in some fishing and a bicycle ride in the same day I could die a happy man.

Dan McLaughlin
07-31-2003, 2:02 PM
Fresh water or salt water fishing Mike? Spent many a summer around Moosehead Lake, the Rangeleys, Lake Sebago. Enjoy the fishing, lobster and bring lots of money to really enjoy the Lie-Neilsen factory :D

Dave Anderson NH
07-31-2003, 3:58 PM
Look on the L-N website for a picture of the building, you wouldn't want to miss it would you? Go on a week day and you can get a tour of the facility. Yes, it is a very short drive from Moody's. And just in case you didn't get the message- Bring Money.