PDA

View Full Version : Slim line pro

Rich Stewart
02-21-2006, 7:32 PM
Just got my slim line pro gel writers today from PSI. That is one nice pen. I have never really liked the twist type pens as they take me two hands to use. I always use gel pens because I like the way they write. So now I got the best of both worlds. Gel writer clicker. Real nice pen. Only thing I don't like is when you push down hard to write, like say on carbon paper, the point gets pushed up in the pen until there is only a small bit of the point sticking out. Then the next time you push the clicker to expose the tip you have to push it hard to get the point out completely. It doesn't get pushed in far enough to prevent you from writing, just doesn't look right.

1. Regular pen for scale
2. Slimline twist in black and white ebony. Sande through 12,000. Buffed
3. Cigar pen sanded through 12,000. Finished in blood and spray lacquer.
4. Slimline pro clicker gel writer inolivewood. Sanded through 12,000. buffed.
5. Slimline pro clicker gel writer sanded through 12,000. Bocote wood. Ren wax.

Thanks for lookin'. Sorry it got so long.

John Hart
02-21-2006, 7:43 PM
Those are really nice looking Rich! Sounds like something that should be a pressfit is actually a tight slipfit. Odd. But I've never done a clicker pen. I'd like to though...for the same reasons you said.

Bob Noles
02-21-2006, 7:49 PM
Rich,

I'll have to ditto John. Those are some great looking pens. I really like the wood in those and as always, the craftsmanship is excellent.

Mark Cothren
02-21-2006, 7:52 PM
Very nice pens, Rich! Great work.

Thanks for the pictures!

Jerry Clark
02-21-2006, 8:53 PM
Great looking pens Richard, Thanks for showing!:D Is your son still turning??:) He made some nice pieces and posted them.

Richard Stewart
02-21-2006, 8:57 PM
hey i like those pens! theyre cool, and yes, i still turn stuff just not lately :)

Corey Hallagan
02-21-2006, 8:59 PM
Awesome Rich. Those are great looking kits and I like a gel pen as well. I like the comfort pen for a little change to the standard slimline as well and you don't have to use the cushion. Do those use a 7mm drill bit?

corey

Bernie Weishapl
02-21-2006, 10:06 PM
Those are some good looking pens Rich. Great work. I also like the gel pens.

Mike Ramsey
02-21-2006, 10:11 PM
I would be proud to carry any of those. Great job Rich!!

Ernie Nyvall
02-21-2006, 10:15 PM
Nice pens Rich. I haven't tried any clickers. I wonder why it backs up into the body:confused: .

Ernie

Richard Stewart
02-22-2006, 8:34 AM
Corey, they are an 8mm drill bit and special bushings.

Ernie, It may have been something I did. The first one doesn't seem to do it as bad as the second one. Might have had the wood just a hair or two too long.

Too bad the blood didn't come out in the photo of the cigar pen. Hahaha.