PDA

View Full Version : We 'ordered' the new puppy

Kirk (KC) Constable
02-21-2006, 5:47 PM
We figured why wait....so here's the new Cavalier King Charles we'll bring home in two weeks. :D I hope we can keep the big ones from stepping on her. :eek:

http://www.kcwoodworks.net/maddy1.jpg

http://www.kcwoodworks.net/maddy2.jpg

Jim O'Dell
02-21-2006, 6:53 PM
Adorable, K.C.!! Dog, or Bitch? (You took pictures of the wrong side for me to tell. :p :D) You might protect the little one for a few months. At least be there when all the dogs are together. My bet is the bigger dogs will be very curious, but might hurt the little one with a paw. I also bet that by the time it's 6 months old, the bigger dogs will know their place!!!:D :D Enjoy! They don't stay puppies long. One reason I like our Irish Setters. They don't grow up until they are about 6 years old! Jim.

Bruce Page
02-21-2006, 7:41 PM
Wow, what a cutie!

Vaughn McMillan
02-21-2006, 7:55 PM
She looks like a vicious one, KC. :) Better keep a close eye on her and make sure she doesn't beat up your Saints. ;) I can already hear LOML's voice shrieking with glee when she sees these pics, KC. The splay-eye look in the first picture is priceless. Congrats on the new addition!

- Vaughn

Jim Dunn
02-21-2006, 9:19 PM
Wow Wow this is better than being a new parent, almost:) Such a pretty dog. When we brought our 2nd yorkie home the older one licked her to a wet sloppy mess. I guess he just wanted to be sure she was real. Problem with saints is they could swallow her/him before you know it. Congrats!!

Corey Hallagan
02-21-2006, 9:24 PM
Oh my, that is cute little bugger KC. I hope she isn't near the Saint's bowls at dinner time!

Corey

Doug Shepard
02-21-2006, 9:39 PM
That is one cute pup. I'm sure the big dogs will love her. When you 'ordered' that girl, did you get the #G7347 (Potty Trained) and #T6316 (Anti-Chew) options? Hope you got the free UPS Ground shipping too.:D

Jim Becker
02-21-2006, 10:10 PM
Wow...all face and eyes! Very, very cute!

Kirk (KC) Constable
02-22-2006, 9:00 AM
That is one cute pup. I'm sure the big dogs will love her. When you 'ordered' that girl, did you get the #G7347 (Potty Trained) and #T6316 (Anti-Chew) options? Hope you got the free UPS Ground shipping too.:D

Yikes! I completely didn't think about having another 'chewer' in the house. :( Good news is that the male Saint took care of the old dining chairs...and the female Saint spent some time on the legs of my cherry NYW secretary desk...so we won't have to worry about those. :rolleyes: This is a good excuse for me to delay finishing the new dining table/chairs for a few (more)months.

New pup will already be accustomed to a doggie door, so I don't anticipate any problems there.

LOML is excited. :)

Mark Singer
02-22-2006, 9:52 AM
Kirk,
Where do you install the batteries?
What a sweetie!

Gary Herrmann
02-22-2006, 10:33 AM
My friend that had labs and cavs didn't have a problem - course saints are a bit bigger...

The labs (especially one male - figure that one out) would treat them like pups and be very careful around them. The one male (Rudy) would lay down with his muzzle on one or two to keep them warm or in one place - never figured that one out.

It'll be like bringing any new dog home. Let them meet outside, bring them all in together and separate the pups from the adults until you know the grownups won't hurt them.

Congrats on the adorable pup.

Dave Ray
02-22-2006, 12:00 PM
With a cute face like that....You picked a winner :)