PDA

View Full Version : Dumb question about Bies/Bies clones fences

Michael Ballent
02-21-2006, 5:00 PM
Why is there a rear rail on these fence systems? Aside from holding up the extension table on the right side what purpose do they have... I know dumb question, but something that has been in the back of my mind and I am not sure what their purpose is...

Tyler Howell
02-21-2006, 5:04 PM
My Bies has an adjustment foot that rides on that rail.
The Clone on the PM does not.

Mark Carlson
02-21-2006, 5:05 PM
Michael,

Holding up the extension table is the only thing my rear fence is doing.

~mark

tod evans
02-21-2006, 5:05 PM
you answered your own question.....to hold up the rear of an extention table...02 tod

George Summers
02-21-2006, 5:21 PM
I think that the difference is between 'commercial' and 'home' designations. If I recall correctly, the 'home' style has a button that rides on the rear rail while the 'commercial' simply rides on the table.

George

tod evans
02-21-2006, 5:24 PM
thanks george! i`ve never even seen the homeowner fence...02 tod

Jim DeLaney
02-21-2006, 7:46 PM
...i`ve never even seen the homeowner fence...02 tod
The difference is in size/mass. The commercial version is about twice as heavy as the home shopversion, and the rails & tube are larger and beefier, too. The home shop sorta looks like a miniature, or 'little brother' to the commercial one. I've had one of each, and they're both good fences - equally accurate, and equally reliable, at least in the home shop environment.

Norman Hitt
02-22-2006, 5:06 AM
I think that the difference is between 'commercial' and 'home' designations. If I recall correctly, the 'home' style has a button that rides on the rear rail while the 'commercial' simply rides on the table.

George

I know you're correct on the Commercial, George, but I have no idea about the Homeowner model, as like Tod, I've never even looked at one. I had a choice of fences back in 1990 when I got my PM and I opted for the Biese Commercial, and it just rides on the table.