PDA

View Full Version : Finish nailer, which one to buy?

Jim Hoelzel
02-21-2006, 3:01 PM
Hi All.

I am going to purchase a new finish nailer. I just can not decide on which one to buy??? I have it narrowed down to two, the 18 volt Dewalt or the Paslode 16 gauge angled nailer. Both shoot the same size nails, both are cordless, and they both would look good in my shop.:)

Anyone here have any info on these two nailers for comparison?

Thanks,

Jim

Brian Parker
02-21-2006, 3:07 PM
When it comes to nailers I own all Ridgid. I love how you can switch from sigle to bump fire with just a flip on the trigger and also how you can move the dust port away and the smaller guns dont need oiled. They shoot the pasload,senco, porter cable ammo too. Also they have a great feel and a solid warranty. I have used a pasload and they are nice to take on a site with no power but I'll take my Ridgid framer any day of the week, it fits more ammo and it also fires like a champ.

But if you are insistant on going cordless stick with the Pasload.

tod evans
02-21-2006, 3:09 PM
jim, in these parts paslode is the name for cordless nailers....02 tod

Jim Becker
02-21-2006, 3:15 PM
"Untethered"? Paslode. But if your nailer is primarily for in-shop use, a regular pneumatic gun would be much more economical to buy and to operate over time. The so-called cordless units are job-site tools and also tend to be bulkier than the regular guns...something important if carcass construction is your need.

Tyler Howell
02-21-2006, 3:18 PM
The Paslode framer has served me well. Senco for toyls with a leash

Ken Garlock
02-21-2006, 3:38 PM
Jim, I vote for Senco or Paslode. I have 15 ga. and 18 ga. Senco pneumatic guns. They serve me well, and I have not had a jam since I bought them. The other day the 15 ga. shot a nail that looked like a sine wave, but it didn't jam. (I think it hit a screw.) That was the first time it had mis-fired.

The framers that worked on our house used both Senco and Paslode.

Gary Herrmann
02-21-2006, 3:44 PM
Being close to tod's neck of the woods, I've got a Paslode - but a tethered version.

Jim Hoelzel
02-21-2006, 7:51 PM
Thanks for all of your comments! Looks like I will be getting a Paslode real soon.

Jim

Gilbert Vega
02-21-2006, 9:39 PM
Thanks for all of your comments! Looks like I will be getting a Paslode real soon.

Jim
I got the Dewalt about 3 months ago when HD had them on clearance (along with the 889 drill) for $250. I absolutely love it.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-21-2006, 10:12 PM
I've got a Senco and a PC......both tethered to my air compressor. Both have served me well!