PDA

View Full Version : Sunhill Jointers

Michael Disorbo
02-20-2006, 7:58 PM
Hi Folks,

A friend of mine is looking for a jointer and he was inquiring about Sunhill. I almost got him talked into a Grizz so we can pick them up together (still waiting word about my G0490), but he is looking at all his options. Anyone here have an experience or know of anyone who has used their machinery. I told him if there was any place we could find out it would be here.

Thanks in advance!!

Michael

David Fried
02-20-2006, 8:15 PM
I looked briefly at Sunhill. At the time they were shipped from California and I felt the shipping cost was prohibitive. I'm very happy with my Grizzly.

Dave Fried

Bruce Page
02-20-2006, 8:31 PM
I don't have any hands-on experience but I think Sunhill is held in pretty high regard. Complaints are few.

Jeff Fritzson
02-20-2006, 8:53 PM
I couldn't wait any longer for the original G0586 to ship and ended up, very happily, with the 8" Sunhill (Geetech.) I am very pleased with the machine. It assembled fairly easily. lined up very true. was easy to adjust the tables and now that it is set up runs like a champ. I also got a free set of replacement blades and a dust collection fitting.

These are straight from Geetech (Taiwan based company) that produces a number of jointers for US distribution. For the price I paid I am very satisfied.

When I itnroduce myself and my shop later, I will try and provide pics. Just waiting for my shop to be reassembled after I install my 3HP super gorilla (a little gloat) and duct.

Jeff

Jim Becker
02-20-2006, 9:04 PM
Sunhill has a good reputation...they are also the source for the "new" Oliver line.

Chris Johnson
02-20-2006, 9:51 PM
I recently bought the sm-150. It is a Sunhill long bed 6in jointer. so far I am very happy with it. It was easy to assemble and was accurate right out of the box. It was on sale for $399 when I bought it which I consider a great deal. The benefit for me was that I live in the Seattle area so I was able to pick it up from the warehouse and save the $90 shipping charge.
Also, the last time I was at the Seattle rockler store I noticed that jet also makes a long bed 6in jointer. If you look closely, the Jet and the Sunhill are identical. The only exception was the sunhill has a lever infeed adjustment where as the Jet has a hand wheel. Hope that helps

Chris

nic obie
02-21-2006, 2:20 PM
I've had the 4 knife, 8" Sunhill for awhile now and like it. It does what I ask of it without complaints.