PDA

View Full Version : From Maine to California....

Pat Salter
02-20-2006, 4:43 PM
Guess what the brown guy dropped off for me today? One of those boxes with a warning label that reads something like, "open in the shop, will be messy!" THanks Andy. Your avacado will be on the road soon.

Mike Ramsey
02-20-2006, 5:55 PM
I read today about a new Strain of Termite that showed up in
Ohio, California & Arizona..This new termite eats everything, trees, house,
car tires & who knows what else?? Authorities suspect the origin of this
new strain is somewhere in Maine & spreading thru UPS & Fedex
deliveries....Nice guy that Andy...

Jim Dunn
02-20-2006, 6:27 PM
OH NO!!! It's comming to Missouri next. Glad I got a brick house:) Funny though my UPS guy was driving just a frame and engine today, hmmmmmm I wonder why??

Corey Hallagan
02-20-2006, 6:34 PM
Congrats Pat! Can't wait to see what yah turn!

Corey

Lee DeRaud
02-20-2006, 6:57 PM
Guess what the brown guy dropped off for me today? One of those boxes with a warning label that reads something like, "open in the shop, will be messy!"Last time I got a package like that from Maine, it had a live lobster in it.:eek:

Mike Ramsey
02-20-2006, 7:07 PM
Last time I got a package like that from Maine, it had a live lobster in it.:eek:
I hear wet lobster turns real well between centers!

Andy Hoyt
02-20-2006, 7:12 PM
Glad the stuff arrived, Pat.

What's all that white goop on the inside of the box. Looks like icky gooey yucky mold. Be sure to wear a respirator when you work it - Seriously.

Mike - Lobsters turn much better on The Weber.

Ernie Nyvall
02-20-2006, 7:18 PM
Looks like some nice spalting going on in there Pat. Congrats.

Ernie

Pat Salter
02-20-2006, 7:47 PM
Glad the stuff arrived, Pat.

What's all that white goop on the inside of the box. Looks like icky gooey yucky mold. Be sure to wear a respirator when you work it - Seriously.

Mike - Lobsters turn much better on The Weber.

Actually Andy, That white stuff is stucco from my house, the pieces are in my wheelbarrow ( I had the UPS guy just put it in there, made it easier to move to shop) that I used to mix the stucco in. :D But yeah there seemed to be some growth going. And yeah, I'll wear a respirator or just not breath while I'm turning.;)

I put some more sealer on them for now, probably won't get to them til this coming weekend. I couldn't do anything with them today. Had a Marine over teaching him to use the lathe.

Andy Hoyt
02-20-2006, 8:00 PM
...Had a Marine over teaching him to use the lathe.

Oh Jeez! Can you picture a Natural Edge bowl with a High and Tight!?!?!

John Hart
02-21-2006, 6:51 AM
Oh Jeez! Can you picture a Natural Edge bowl with a High and Tight!?!?!

That's exactly what I was thinking!!! And then I imagined it!:eek:

Great score Pat. When I turned it, there was a smell that made me grab the respirator.....But by then, it was really too late. But I haven't died yet....At least, I don't think I have.;) :)