PDA

View Full Version : Wilton Tool

Herb Kelley
07-30-2003, 2:33 PM
Came across a Wilton Disk/belt sander model 4200.
Can you give me any information on this machine.
Be interested in knowing if is a good machine. Do you know the disk rpm?
Thanks

Dan McLaughlin
07-30-2003, 2:59 PM
I believe Wilton merged with Jet but the Wilton 4200 is still available. The 4200 Belt Finisher runs@ 3260 SFPM and the Abrasive Disc Finisher runs @ 2400 RPM, Never used it so I can't help you there.

Robert Waddell
07-30-2003, 3:36 PM
Here's all I know. Wilton Tool is part of a company call the WMH Tool Group. Jet, Performax, Powermatic, Columbian and Wilton make up the group. Wilton use to be the name of the parent company of these. Sometime they changed it to WMH Tool. I have no idea what the sander(4200) you are looking at is. If it is one of the bench top things that Lowes was selling it may not be the highest of quality, if it is a bigger machine it may be from their industrial line. In that case it may be a great machine. Jet, Performax and Powermatic have a good reputation in the small shop category.
Sorry no experience here. I have mostly tools from the Penair group and Emerson Electric.

Dave Arbuckle
07-30-2003, 4:47 PM
Wilton use to be the name of the parent company of these.

That isn't quite right. Wilton was purchased by WMH (Walter Meier Holding AG), pretty recently. At that time, WMH Tool Group was formed. This includes Jet, Performax, recent acquisition Powermatic, and Wilton/Columbian. Apparently the brand names Polishmaster and Waxmaster fit in there somewhere, my guess is they are Wilton brands.

In other words, Wilton as a separate company was not involved with Jet/Performax/Powermatic, they were already WMH companies.

Dave