PDA

View Full Version : Is the old Stewart back in NASCAR?

Chris Curry
02-19-2006, 8:11 PM
What's going on with Tony? :confused: He was the one complaining the loudest this week about those involved in the very behavior he exibited all day. Seems like he has reverted. What is the "He started it - I finished it" all about? :eek:

Sorry for Chad but contratulations to all of the Lowe's 48 team! :) I had a feeling that could happen.

Are the Busch brothers turning into whiners? Sure sounded like it might be. I hope it's not a trend they will cultivate.

Way to go to Kenny Schrader! I'm pleased for him. A great week at Daytona! :cool:

It will be an interesting season. I hope NASCAR will be consistant with their rulings. Have a great season all! -- Chris :)

Doug Jones
02-20-2006, 1:05 AM
Hope so, he had more of a personality then. Not just another corporate mold like what Hendrick's stable is comprised of.

Vaughn McMillan
02-20-2006, 1:43 AM
I haven't really kept up with NASCAR for several years, but happened to catch quite a bit of taday's race. I had to check the TV listing to be sure I was on the right channel. I thought I was watching Roller Derby. ;) Did today's race have a typical amount of paint swapping, or are the drivers getting more aggressive (and vindictive)? I could see there was some bad blood between a number of the racers, but I don't remember it always being this way. Am I just out of touch?

- Vaughn

Scott Coffelt
02-20-2006, 10:47 AM
I think Tony had a real bad day. Not sure what was up with him, but he was hitting everything. I am a big #48 fan, would have liked to see Chad there, but also believe he should have been suspended. He can't keep cheating, I realize he is trying to figure out ways to work with the rules or loopholes, but still it could cost them dearly. I am all for creative thinking and trying to find that last little edge. Funny thing is IIRC Newman had a streak early on in his career where they had figured out something about the carbs or something like that and he was getting several miles to the gallon more and kept winning based on fuel mileage. I don't see him mentioning that now. It's funny how these guys get their panties wadded up, but you know they wish their crew chiefs were as creative. Anyways, JJ drove a clean race, I think he intentially kept a gap throughout the race as not not get himself in questionable place. I saw an awful lot of bump drafting going on even though that was not going to be tolerated... yeah right. I though Kyle Busch got a little screwed on his call too.

Bryan Somers
02-20-2006, 8:35 PM
NASCAR consistance, Has become an oxymoran. I was a huge fan and grew up just 25 miles from the Petty shops, but they have forgotten all about us that helped get them where they are today. I do have to say it was good to see the #43 up toward the front. I wish all you that do watch enjoy the season.

Christopher Stahl
02-20-2006, 9:49 PM
Funny you should mention that Newman's streak the other year, I'm pretty sure it was that year where he one like 8 races and didn't win the championship and Nascar changed the points system.

Yeah Tony was hitting just about anything and everything. While he brings a colorful personality to the sport, it's his attitude when others are upset. When they interviewed him after the race, the announcer says that Kyle Busch was upset that Tony intentionally ran him off the track. He gave his usual speach that it was the other guy, talks in circles, then admits it was payback. After admitting this, how come he doesn't get penalized.

I'm a fan of Bobby Labonte, so I will say it's good to see the 43 up front. :)

chris

Larry Klaaren
02-20-2006, 10:24 PM
I'm not that big a NASCAR fan, but I did see that Tony Stewart business. He lives about twenty miles south of here, and the media keeps right on him.

Curious thing, he shows up in my hometown, Oskaloosa, Iowa, every year the day after the Brickyard 400 and drives in a sprint car race at the Southeastern Iowa Fairgrounds then goes over to Knoxville and drives in a race during the week at the Marion County Fairgrounds. Last year Rusty Wallace (I think - whoever finished second at the Brickyard) was out there too. Last weekend, he drove in a race on Friday and Saturday nights. Maybe he gets too much exhaust fumes.:rolleyes:

In the NFL, all the fines and suspensions get announced on the same day each week, I think it's Tuesday. Is there a similar day in NASCAR to which we can look forward?

Still waiting for it to warm up here in Indy so I can do some finishing.

Thanks,
Larry

Christopher Knight
02-27-2006, 4:51 AM
Each year before the begining of the race season Tulsa Oklahoma hosts the Chili Bowl. Which is basically a huge convention building at the fairgrounds that they build a race track inside, and race sprint cars. This year Stewart and Kahne raced. Stewart was up to his old tricks again. He was runing into everything on the track. He ended up DNF on his races.

I use to like Stewart but with all of his antics I have become a supporter of Johnson. To bad his victories are being tainted by his crew chief.

Larry Klaaren
02-27-2006, 7:15 AM
It was Kahne that came to Oskaloosa with him. Didn't hear about any controversy.

It might have been Wallace who showed up at another race there. It's one where they challenge any someone to start last, and if they win the race, they get a sizable bonus. He accepted the challenge, but did not win, although the person from the year before (another big driver, can't remember who) did win that challenge.

Larry

Randy Meijer
02-28-2006, 5:46 AM
Looks like you can't teach an old dog new tricks?? Seems like it is the same old Tony. Just about the time I get to liking him and forgetting the past, he does something really dumb. Not sure he will ever change???:mad: :mad: