PDA

View Full Version : M12V: Buy now or wait?

Greg Koch
02-19-2006, 12:23 PM
I have a Porter/Cable 1 3/4hp router with plunge and fixed bases, and a Craftsman 2Hp router/table combo ($69 floor model special). The Craftsman is only 1/4" collet and I got it for quick/small jobs. I am really being pulled to get another router, the M12V for table use only....I plan on building my own table from plans/ideas I seen here. I'd like to eventually build some cabinets, and furniture and am torn between buying the M12V now on sale at Amazon or waiting till I reach the point where the Craftsman and P/C are not enough for me.

What would you advise? Get now, even though I don't need it right away, but the deal is too good? Or, should I wait? How many of you have ordered one because you needed one, or because of the sale?

Thanks

Greg

Greg Koch
02-19-2006, 11:20 PM
Any advice/ideas...comments...good or bad would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

Mike Goetzke
02-19-2006, 11:58 PM
If you are planning to build a table for it you may want it early to size the cabinet but they go on and off sale often.

Mark Patoka
02-20-2006, 7:59 AM
Amazon runs specials on that router quite frequently so if you wait you shouldn't miss out on any special pricing. They also will change some of the bonus items you get. When I ordered mine a year ago, I just missed out on a free 1/4 sheet sander but instead I received an accessory packet that included a height adjustment knob and some other things. I bought mine to put in a table I'm hoping to have finish this week but also needed it for handheld jigs I was using at the time. Really nice router and can't wait to get it in the table.

Tim Morton
02-20-2006, 8:05 AM
today they are running an add'l $50 off $250....plus buy2 & get one free bessey clamp....so you could work out quite a deal if you could combine all that...:eek: :eek: