PDA

View Full Version : Update to LOML condition

Tom Drake
02-19-2006, 10:53 AM
Sorry I did not post this earlier but I have been extremely busy since Wednesday morning.

The beginning 2/16/06

Yesterday morning as LOML for almost 38 years was walking to the local middle school where she works with the mentally handicapped kids was struck by a pickup truck while she was crossing at the cross walk.(the school is 100 yards from our home) The driver of the pickup was speeding in the 25mph zone while talking on his cell phone and he also ran the stop sign before hitting my wife while she was walking across. I spent the entire day with her at the hospital in the ICU and am heading back there again this morning after I can get a fresh change of clothes and a quick shower. She suffered an open head wound and a nasty concussion but so far no broken bones have been found. She also looks like someone has beaten the heck out of her with a baseball bat from head to toe. You cannot believe how bad a day this jerk has started for me and my family. All prayers for her recovery will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Update for 2/19/06

Sorry for not posting this sooner. She is now home! Still very sore and bruised but the doctors are all opimistic for a full recovery. She is going to need some surgery to repair the open head wound she received at a later date and will start some therapy after she goes thru another evaluation at the hospital tomorrow morning. She has some minor brain damage from the head wound and concussion but they tell me she should full recover from this also with the therapy she will be receiving. She is bed ridden at home but she tells me she feels better just to be home with her friends and family.
I also received a call from the Prosecuting Attorney and they are charging the driver with reckless driving. I think that since this happened in a school zone during school hours all penalties and fines are doubled. The driver did admit to everything to the police too. He told the police that he was late for work and was speeding and had no intention at all of stopping for the stop sign and that he was going approx 35mph when he hit my wife. He said he never seen her since he was busy talking on his cell phone. I hope they give him the maxomum allowed and that he learns a huge lesson over all of this.

Tyler Howell
02-19-2006, 10:56 AM
Our prayers are with you.
Speedy recovery.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-19-2006, 11:06 AM
Tom....Your wife, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers!

Michael Gibbons
02-19-2006, 11:15 AM
Hoping for a speedy recovery!

Mike

Lou Morrissette
02-19-2006, 11:16 AM
Tom,

The best to you and your family and we pray for your wife's speedy recovery. Hang in there , Bud.

Lou

Lars Thomas
02-19-2006, 11:18 AM
Sounds like things are improving. I hope they continue to do so. Lars

Jackie Outten
02-19-2006, 11:19 AM
Tom,

You and your wife are in my family's thoughts and prayers. I will also add her to our prayer chain at church. Daily prayers will be said for her continued recovery.

Jackie

John Miliunas
02-19-2006, 11:59 AM
Tom, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your wife, with hopes for a quick and smooth recovery!

valerie williams
02-19-2006, 11:59 AM
Mike and I will be praying for you and your wife, If there is anything that we can do please let us know.
huggs val

Joe Unni
02-19-2006, 12:42 PM
Tom,

Thoughts & prayers from the Unni's.

-joe

Jim Becker
02-19-2006, 12:47 PM
Hang in there, Tom and LYOL! I'm glad the recovery is on the way and that the dude responsible admitted to the deed.

Jim O'Dell
02-19-2006, 12:49 PM
I'll add my prayers in too. Glad everything is turning out ok, and we'll continue to pray that that continues. Give us an update as time permits in the following days. Jim.

Dave Ray
02-19-2006, 12:56 PM
Prayers are being said for your wife and your family.

Steve Ash
02-19-2006, 2:29 PM
Tom,
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your wife. I'll be hoping she makes a speedy and complete recovery. Take good care of her while she is recuperating.

Jim Dunn
02-19-2006, 2:48 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as well. Hoping for a complete recovery.

Jim and Pat Dunn

Corey Hallagan
02-19-2006, 3:43 PM
Tom, your in our thoughts and prayers. Take care,

Corey

Joe Mioux
02-19-2006, 3:48 PM
Tom:
Ditto what everyone else has written.

Thankfully, you have her at home with you and your family. That is the best medicine.

Wishing her a Speedy Recovery.
Joe

Norman Hitt
02-19-2006, 6:26 PM
Cellphones + people + cars = Insanity!!!!!!

Glad she's doing well, and we wish her a full and quick Recovery.

Vaughn McMillan
02-19-2006, 6:48 PM
Tom, add me to the list of folks who are pulling for a speedy recovery for your wife. Good to see she's home and the prognosis is good.

- Vaughn

John Bailey
02-19-2006, 7:30 PM
Tom,

Add me to those who are keeping you and yours in our thoughts.

John

Jesse Merino
02-19-2006, 7:30 PM
May the LORD bless you both with Grace and Salvation, and may HE help you forgive that person who's action precipitated this on your wife.

I pray that you hold no hard feelings for him. For if you hate your brother, then you cant enter the Kingdom of Heaven, and I shall pray for a speedy recovery, and that the LORD'S will, shall be done...Jesse

Bryan Somers
02-19-2006, 8:47 PM
Tom

Heres another wish for a speedy recovery. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Bob Swenson
02-20-2006, 2:20 PM
Our hearts and and prayers are with you and your Wife.
How fragile we are and how inconsiderate some are in there
rush to nowhere!

scott spencer
02-20-2006, 3:59 PM
Sorry to hear this Tom, and I can't imagine what it must be like. Consider the prayers already said....

Take care,
Scott

Jerry Olexa
02-20-2006, 10:41 PM
We will pray for a speedy, full recovery for your wife..

Ernie Nyvall
02-20-2006, 11:19 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with your wife and you for a full and speedy recovery.

Ernie