PDA

View Full Version : No access????? HUH????

Jim O'Dell
02-19-2006, 10:38 AM
I'm :mad: .:D No, it's really not that bad, but I needed to blow some steam off.
I've worked at a Lincoln Mercury service center for over 6 years. One of the first things I had to do is take courses to achieve a certification level. Many of you have to do the same thing. For the last 4 years, my work mate and I have both maintained Master levels of certification. There's no money in it, it's just a pride level thing. Ford has gone to Web based training as a primary source for this education, at least for recertification. I have about 18 courses to take by October because of a big turn around in training requirements. I want to take one per day after I get home from work, while TLOML is still teaching at the other end of the house.
No big deal. It took me a week to get straightened out on my home computer to get started. Again, no biggie, just a little frustrating. So yesterday afternoon I got everything lined up to do some work, and try to catch up to my schedule. Took 2 courses, almost passed the pre-tests :rolleyes: but missed each by 1 question. So I go to get on and take another one or two this am while it's quiet, and this pops up:

"If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the www........................com home page.
HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
Internet Explorer "

Guess what?? The web site that's listed is the one that won't let me in! You think the computer decided to take Sunday off? It was even down between the course and the post test last night for maintenance. :(
Guess I didn't want to take no stinkin' class today anyway!! :D It's just that it's a little on the cold side with a thin layer of ice on the porch and sidewalk between the house and the shop. Not my idea of a fun time with no heat in the shop. Hop you all have a good Sunday!! Jim.

Chris Fite
02-19-2006, 5:09 PM
Straight up, it sounds to be a problem with permissions. Make sure you are still logged in. Call the site administrator. Restart your Windows computer.

Jim O'Dell
02-19-2006, 6:28 PM
Straight up, it sounds to be a problem with permissions. Make sure you are still logged in. Call the site administrator. Restart your Windows computer.
(I added the bold for my note below)
Chris, that was the main rub on the matter. It pointed me to the web site for information to call on why THAT web site wasn't working. :confused: :confused: :confused:
It actually came up and worked after I posted the above. I knew it would, but was just a little put out at that particlar moment. I've finished 4 modules today, 2 last night. 9 more to go!!! Jim.

Jesse Merino
02-19-2006, 7:35 PM
If it wasnt for trials and tribulations, it sounds as if you would have a boring life!! Isnt it WONDERFUL?? :)...Jesse