PDA

View Full Version : Delta variable speed lathe

Jack Wood
02-19-2006, 7:34 AM
Is there going to be any improvement from going to the standard belt that comes with my Lathe to the link belts. My lathe has a clutch type speed control so will the link belt even work here? I put one one on my TS and was amazed at the the difference. THANKS!

Keith Burns
02-19-2006, 9:05 AM
Simple answer is no. Only helps with smooth wall pulleys. :) :)

Gary Max
02-19-2006, 9:54 AM
Jack-- I just put a new belt on the wifes 46-715. We went with a green industrial belt instead of the standard 1/2 black belt. It was like having a new lathe---heck it runs smoother now than it ever has. The funny is I bought the belt at Napa---they had it in stock.

Jack Wood
02-19-2006, 12:59 PM
Jack-- I just put a new belt on the wifes 46-715. We went with a green industrial belt instead of the standard 1/2 black belt. It was like having a new lathe---heck it runs smoother now than it ever has. The funny is I bought the belt at Napa---they had it in stock.

Gary what size was it and what is a "Green Industrial" belt? THANKS!

Gary Max
02-19-2006, 2:05 PM
Jacl I was hoping that I saved the invoice but it must of gotten trashed.
I am not a belt expert-------heck I just hand them the old one and tell them I want to replace it with a green industrial belt. They always seen to know what they are. Heck I think they even carry them at Tractor supply. The belt is green and is a lot stiffer so it does not flex as much.