PDA

View Full Version : Lee Valley & FedEx

Karl Laustrup
02-18-2006, 6:17 PM
Well, I was getting ready to pack it in and head back to the rental house, when there was a knock on the garage/shop door. FedEx was delivering my Mk II Power Sharpening System from Lee Valley. :D I had ordered it back in January, but it was back ordered.

ON SATURDAY!!:eek: :D

That really surprised me as it just got shipped from LV in Syracuse, NY on Wednesday the 15th. I wasn't really expecting it until Monday or Tuesday.

LV scores again and thanks FedEx for a Saturday delivery.

Now I need to get it put together next week so I can sharpen stuff. :)

Karl

Mark Singer
02-18-2006, 7:51 PM
I thinjk you will really like the MK II....very easy to use and good results!

Corey Hallagan
02-18-2006, 9:56 PM
Karl, is this system for all blades and tools, jointer knives, turning and carpenty chisels, etc. ? Congrats on the new tool!

Corey

Karl Laustrup
02-19-2006, 6:47 AM
I know it'll do chisels and plane blades. I'm going to use it for those but I'm also going to be using it to hopefully do my planer knives [if they can be sharpened] and my kitchen knives. I really, really, really, really hate hand honing.

Guess I'll have to take a trip to see Spring again and get a hands on lesson with the MK II. Or better yet Spring could come up and see me and get a first hand look at the "beast" [hint, hint].

Karl

Bob Swenson
02-20-2006, 2:40 PM
Karl.
This is the tool you needed when you first got your planes and chisels,
before you had a chance to mess them up with other sharpening
methods. I am busy sharpening away my mistakes on our new MKII
Good luck with the new tool and have fun-----"gotta be sharp".

John Miliunas
02-23-2006, 8:26 AM
Well, you know where I live, so bring it on!!! :) Congrats, I think you'll really like it, Karl. Quick, easy and simple to use! (If it's easy and simple for me, you know it's gotta' be easy and simple! :rolleyes: :D ) Enjoy! :) :cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
02-23-2006, 8:49 AM
What is it John......Karl didn't hide his hint very well! Congrats Karl!

John Miliunas
02-23-2006, 8:56 AM
What is it John......Karl didn't hide his hint very well! Congrats Karl!

:( :( As Karl well knows, my "free" time is at a BIG premium nowadays. Major budget cutbacks at the end of last year resulted in a major income drop so, I'm doing the 2-job thing now to make ends meet. :( :( Makes it a bit hard for me to get away and, what little "free" time I have, I pretty much need to spend with family and tools!:D :cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
02-23-2006, 8:57 AM
Sorry John..........I didn't know! I apologize!

John Miliunas
02-23-2006, 9:11 AM
Sorry John..........I didn't know! I apologize!

NO need to apologize, Ken! :D FWIW, I really, really want to get up there and see that big beastie for myself! :D (Hmmm...Might even be tempted to grab a stick or two of stock that my 8" jointer can't handle!:D ):) :cool:

Karl Laustrup
02-23-2006, 6:02 PM
NO need to apologize, Ken! :D FWIW, I really, really want to get up there and see that big beastie for myself! :D (Hmmm...Might even be tempted to grab a stick or two of stock that my 8" jointer can't handle!:D ):) :cool:

Up to 12 inches. I don't think it even knew there was anything there when I did that 10" piece of maple.

Karl