PDA

View Full Version : Oh No! I can't see... the picture...

Chris Barton
02-18-2006, 2:45 PM
OK, so I bought a new computer for Xmas this year (E-Machines T6524) loaded with goodies and I have a problem. I can't see many of the pictures that are posted. Some pictures I can see and they appear to be the ones that were attached using the "manage attachements" button in the box titled "post new thread." I have McAfee security suite but, it doesn't seem to matter if it is running or not. I have gone into IE and tried adjusting settings to no avail. Also, just for added intrigue, it only seems to happen at SMC, not at any other website. Any suggestions would be welcome!

PS: running IE and Windows XP...

Chris Barton
02-18-2006, 2:50 PM
For instance, I can't see the picture in this post:

http://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=31524

Chris Barton
02-18-2006, 2:51 PM
But I can see this (and I am jealous):

http://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=31517

Kevin Brown
03-02-2006, 9:33 AM
I'm having the same problem, has anyone figured this out?

Don Baer
03-02-2006, 2:27 PM
hmm. I'm running IE with XP on my Dell lap top and don't have any problems and My wife has en E machine running IE with XP and I have no problem with her machine. Yoy might want to check you security level of you pop up blocker. Both could be causing that problem. Just my thoughts.

Bill Lewis
03-02-2006, 2:39 PM
For instance, I can't see the picture in this post:

http://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=31524
It's a medical problem, you are suffering from "A-pen-de-sight-us" :p :p :p

Either that or it might be a security setting

Kevin Brown
03-02-2006, 3:43 PM
I have turned off McAfee (everything) and Earthlinks Pop-up Blocker

NO CHANGE :mad:

WHat other settings should I try?

Aaron Koehl
03-02-2006, 4:04 PM
So, you can see attachments, but you can't see inline attachments.. Hmm.. Try another few posts that differ by their attachment type.. (the difference being, you can see the phrase "attached images")

Kevin Brown
03-02-2006, 4:13 PM
Have any favorites you'd like to point me to? :rolleyes:

Bill Lewis
03-02-2006, 5:06 PM
"A-pen-de-sight-us" Aw come on, wasn't that the least bit funny?, it just popped in to my head after looking at the example picture. I couldn't resist.

Have you tried checking the security settings in your browser?

Doug Shepard
03-02-2006, 6:13 PM
I poked around the browser settings in IE and the only obvious thing I see that might be worth checking is under the Multimedia section. If you go into Internet Otions->Advanced, is the Show Pictures box checked ?

Kevin Brown
03-02-2006, 9:32 PM
Bill sorry my side is hurting from all the laughing :rolleyes: :D

I've went thru all the security settings I can find, and I also checked the multimedia section and all the picture options are enabled.

One thing I found was in the "thread tools"section at the top of a post, if I click on "show printable version" then there is a blue highlited link type thing in the thread that says "attachment # xxxx" and if I click on that than it opens another window and shows me the picture :confused:

Dennis Peacock
03-02-2006, 10:40 PM
Hummmmm, interesting problem here. Never seen that one before.:confused:

Aaron Koehl
03-03-2006, 9:38 AM
No, but as a quick troubleshoot, try testing with a different browser. That should quickly narrow down some of the possibilities, such as a user setting, a cached template, etc.