PDA

View Full Version : Our Favorite Subject!

Tyler Howell
02-18-2006, 9:19 AM
Our Favorite Subject. Guided Csaws:eek:

On the recently broadcast of "Ask This Old House" Tommy Silva was building a Radiator Surround.
I got a big kick out of the fact that he was using a home made saw guide and PC (?) Csaw while the host was holding a Festool dust Extractor hose to collect the MDF debris.
All of the other tools were Festool. I'm sure he was trying to teach a lesson but I had to LOL;) .

Steve Clardy
02-18-2006, 10:17 AM
Lol. Missed that one

Dan Larson
02-18-2006, 10:19 AM
Tyler, so glad to hear that I'm not the only tool nerd around here!;) While my wife and I were watching this scene, I tried to explain how ironic it was. "Honest honey, this is really amusing..." Of course she just rolled her eyes and told me that I'm crazy. I've gotten used to hearing that from her...:rolleyes:

Dan

Mark Singer
02-18-2006, 10:28 AM
I tink the un guided saw is the new thing...just let it go at its whim...random orbital ungiuded sawing ROUS...try it for a new twist...the Festool model is a bit pricey...but it does a great job at following a random undetermined path....;)

Per Swenson
02-18-2006, 12:33 PM
Mark,

I agree, sort of.

I have decided to combine work with pleasure.

One of my hobbys being radio control aircraft.

As soon as I get the tweaks and kinks ironed out,

I should be able to rip, cross cut and sand my projects

while reclined watching this Old Shack.

I will be sure to keep the forum updated.

Per

Mark Singer
02-18-2006, 12:35 PM
Mark,

I agree, sort of.

I have decided to combine work with pleasure.

One of my hobbys being radio control aircraft.

As soon as I get the tweaks and kinks ironed out,

I should be able to rip, cross cut and sand my projects

while reclined watching this Old Shack.

I will be sure to keep the forum updated.

Per

Per,
You cannot get safer than that...! Great idea! Even your hot dogs will live by the "Swenson radio control unguided saw" Watch out SawStop:eek:

Gail O'Rourke
02-18-2006, 1:43 PM
Ty - that is so funny, my husband and I were watching it and I kept saying..."see - that's a Festool....see that hose....that's the vacuum"

Dennis McDonaugh
02-18-2006, 2:05 PM
Oh.......I thought we were talking about food.:p