PDA

View Full Version : New Off Broadway Feature: Silly Girls

Jim Becker
02-17-2006, 10:04 PM
'Thought my SMC friends could use a little chuckle...

For some strange reason, the girls were in the mood to entertain today when they arrived home from school. Even the fresh fruit smoothie experiment didn't distract them from about 45 minutes of dance exhibition to DJ Bobo "hits", question/answer antics (with "prizes" for mama and papa when they answered correctly) and, umm...a bit of silly costumed horseplay. May I present the new "just off Broadway" (by about 85 miles...) show titled "Silly Girls":

Frank Chaffee
02-17-2006, 10:17 PM
Jim,
It’s truly wonderful to see all that joy in your home.
Thanks for sharing it with us here,
Frank

Karl Laustrup
02-17-2006, 10:32 PM
You and DR SWMBO are indeed lucky. I can see a vivid imagination in your girls. Congratulations. The sky is the limit.

Keep that camera handy.

Karl

Mike Sheppard
02-17-2006, 10:33 PM
Jim
Enjoy this, before you know they will get serious about life then you will have to wait for grandkids to put on plays for you. But they are more fun cause you don't have to make them mind. My daughter dropped her daughter off once and ask when I would bring her home I said when she gets tired of me or I get tired of her. She is 26 now and married to a great guy, so I am waiting for my greatgrands now.
Mike

Ken Fitzgerald
02-17-2006, 10:53 PM
Life is good.......Huh Dad!:)

Jim Dunn
02-17-2006, 11:03 PM
And a good time was had by all:) And us too.

Wes Bischel
02-17-2006, 11:13 PM
Fantastic! Pic 5 is my favorite - the eyes say it all - joy, wonder, excitement all rolled into one! Thanks Jim.

Wes

Corey Hallagan
02-17-2006, 11:45 PM
Very cute Jim, easy to see you are having lots of fun with the girls!

Corey

Mark Stutz
02-17-2006, 11:51 PM
Jim,
Thanks. These bring back lots of memories. Watched many a magic show, puppet performances and plays when my boys were growing up. The time goes by too fast.

Mark

Mark Cothren
02-18-2006, 12:46 AM
Nice pics, Jim! Wonderful pictures and look like y'all are havin' a great time together as a family.

Now... on a side note... what's the skinny on that guitar back there? I assume you play?

Lee DeRaud
02-18-2006, 1:12 AM
"DJ Bobo"?!?:eek:

No, on second thought, I really don't want to know...

Cody Colston
02-18-2006, 1:54 AM
Great stuff, Jim.

I'm an old Dad (daughters aged 14 and 10) and they sometimes stage plays for LOML and I. It's wonderful fun.

The thing that strikes me most about your girls is that in every picture I've seen of them, they are smiling and look extremely happy. That's a credit to their spirit and obviously a response to the love and security they have received. Keep it up.

John Bailey
02-18-2006, 7:25 AM
Spassiba, for the great pics.

John

John Shuk
02-18-2006, 8:34 AM
Did ya ever think nonsense like that could
be so much fun?

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
02-18-2006, 8:39 AM
Hey Jim, that is priceless!

Great fun!

Cheers!

Jesse Merino
02-18-2006, 9:31 AM
Some things are more precious than Gold...and you hit the "Mother lode" :)

Its a shame, they have to grow up, but, you sure can enjoy them NOW! ...Jesse

Jim O'Dell
02-18-2006, 10:19 AM
Great stuff, Jim. (snip)
The thing that strikes me most about your girls is that in every picture I've seen of them, they are smiling and look extremely happy. That's a credit to their spirit and obviously a response to the love and security they have received. Keep it up.
I had to quote that. It needs to be repeated. It is simply amazing what love and security can do for a youngster. My thanks for supplying both to these two beautiful girls!
Since Glenna and I chose not to have kids, we work with Irish Setters (they are our kids) who need to find forever loving homes. I know the joy we have experienced, but I also know it doesn't hold a candle to those of you with the two legged versions we call children!! Thanks for sharing. Keep the pictures coming! We are part of the extended family! Jim
ps: is there a little Harry Potter influence in these pictures??:D

Jim Becker
02-18-2006, 10:22 AM
"DJ Bobo"?!?
He's the guy who "invented" the Chiuhaua (http://www.funnyheck.com/chihuahua.html) thing.... Alison was able to order the import CD (ching...ching...) and it's their, err...Nastia's...favorite dance music.

-------

Thanks, folks. It was fun...and a nice diversion from our tax return... ( :( )

Mark Singer
02-18-2006, 10:23 AM
Just wonderful Jim....I remember these kinda moments...a long time ago

Tyler Howell
02-18-2006, 10:37 AM
Treasure and encourage these moments. Too soon You'll be Dad's a Dweab!! Thank God that only last's 5-7 years.

Dennis Peacock
02-18-2006, 11:20 AM
Jim,

Looks like ya'll are having just way too much fun. Wait a minute, is that even possible?:confused: :rolleyes: :p

Looks like your daddy skills have kicked in very nicely and that having fun with the kids isn't as silly as some adults seem to think it is. Just be careful of the "tickle fights".;) :eek: :D

Jerry Olexa
02-18-2006, 11:33 AM
Little girls playing and having fun...Priceless.

Fred Voorhees
02-18-2006, 5:37 PM
Reminds me of how time flies when you have kids. Our son was one who surprised us with a out of the blue comment here or a quip or insightful remark there on his way to growing up. They are only little for so long and it really goes by quickly! QUICKLY! Now, he is getting married next year and my better half simply cannot wait for grandchildren. ME, I'm not sure I am ready to be called grandpa.:eek:

Tom Hamilton
02-18-2006, 5:45 PM
Hi Dad, er Jim:

One of many wonderful moments with your girls.

Have they asked you to be their subjecto for a Spa Day yet. Think, mud packs, hair paint, nail polish...you can imagine the fun they will have with Dad as their subject.

Thanks for sharing a great moment.

All the best, Tom

Jesse Merino
02-19-2006, 7:46 PM
I gotta ask this!

The last picture... is the girl actually "levitating" that glowing object?
Or, is it a misnomer? Neat if she is :) LOL!! Jesse

Oh, great kids! They look like a happy crew!

john whittaker
02-20-2006, 6:23 PM
Hehehehe..Can't wait for this play to hit my town so I can catch it. Precious.
But Jim....I know you are a moderator and everything...but don't you think this post belongs in the General Woodworking Section? I noticed the very fine looking firewood you have in the fireplace. Some would call it "classical". I sure hope you don't burn it.

Great pics of your children. Enjoy.

Bryan Somers
02-20-2006, 8:41 PM
Oh yes. Jim those days are priceless. Your going to look back on these days with tears when the minister says "Who gives this Bride"

The two of you have done a wonderful thing.

Ernie Nyvall
02-20-2006, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the memories Jim. This put a big smile on my face watching your family and remembering mine.:)

Ernie

Bob Swenson
02-23-2006, 11:36 AM
JIM---REMEMBER THE SONG

"Thank Heaven for little Girls"

How great can it get.