PDA

View Full Version : Finnland Birch Plywood from Woodpecker

Mark Rios
02-17-2006, 2:59 PM
Did anyone get this in their email about this sale?

http://www.woodpeck.com/fbplywood.html

The listed prices are not correct, the price are $10 dollars lower than what is listed and there is special pricing on shipping as well.

Does anyone use this? Is this good stuff? When I saw the ad I thought about using a sheet for pocket hole/face frame assembly type table. Glue should be able to just wipe right off correct? Or at least pop right off after it has dried?

Today is the last day to order it and I'm wondering if I should get a sheet.

Rob Blaustein
02-17-2006, 3:32 PM
I picked up something like this at Woodcraft, but it had a green phenolic finish which nicely matches my Grizzly stuff. I like it--I recently used it to make a replacement fence face for my TS, and will use the rest to make some jigs. The stuff at Woodpecker's seems pricey--I think I paid less per sq foot of 3/4." If you have a Woodcraft near you, you might give them a call and ask them if they stock it and how much it costs.

Dave Avery
02-17-2006, 3:33 PM
Mark,

I've used both the Woodpeckers ply and similar green colored phenolic covered plywood before - most recently for a horizontal router table top. It very nice quality, but expensive stuff. No experience with glue. All the best. Dave.