PDA

View Full Version : Off to Mexico in the morning

Sparky Paessler
02-17-2006, 12:22 PM
Well I'm off to Mexico at 4:30am in the morning for another mission trip. Last year we built a Medical/Dental clinic. This year we are building a 30' X 60' Kitchen/Cafeteria building at a childern's home in Morelos about 35 miles south of Eagle Pass, TX. The slab is poured and we plan to finish the building in 6 days. There are 78 people going. 28 of them are setting up two dental clincs that will see 300 to 400 people. 50 of us will be doing the construction. Should make for some long days. I will post pictures when I get back.

Keep us in mind Saturday evening which is when we cross the border (which can be fun with all the stuff we are hauling). We will cross back into the US Friday evening and drive to San Antonio where those of us flying will fly home Saturday. This is my 3rd year but for some it is the 17th time.

Thanks

Sparky Paessler

Mark Rios
02-17-2006, 12:30 PM
WTG Sparky. I'd love to do that. Looking forward to your pics.

Dick Parr
02-17-2006, 12:33 PM
Have a safe trip Sparky.;)

Bernie Weishapl
02-17-2006, 3:44 PM
Sparky have a safe and fun trip. I hope when I retire in 3 yrs. I can do something like that.

Pete Harbin
02-17-2006, 6:45 PM
Way to step up Sparky! Our Church organizes a couple of these type trips each year, and I'm going to try to swing one this time around. Work hard and be safe buddy!

Pete

Robert Waddell
02-17-2006, 9:06 PM
Hey Sparky,
As a person that has been to Morelos and a fellow constuctor of churches in Brazil. I'll be keeping you in my prayers. Watch out for the deer and hogs on that lonely 90 miles stretch of road after you turn off of I35 heading to Eagle Pass. There's a grand total of one-two gas stations in that stretch so don't forget to gas up. Please give us an update when you get back.
Rob

Allen Grimes
02-17-2006, 9:53 PM
Wow Sparky,

I wish I would have known that you were coming to Mexico sooner, I would have made a point to go help you guys out for a day. I live in Monterrey, which is not too far from Morelos, but Im not at home right now, Im in Veracruz.

EDIT: If you do this again next year, make sure you let me know and I will be there.

Jim Ketron
02-17-2006, 10:10 PM
Have a safe Trip Sparky!
Be on the look out for some turning wood:D