PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own a G0593 Jointer

Micheal Cobb
02-17-2006, 11:58 AM
I've been trying to decide on a new 8"jointer. I've looked at a lot of machines but think Grizzly will fit my needs. I am about to buy the G0593 because of the spiral cutter. I would really like to get away from setting blades, and I am not confident enough to try and change out the cutter with a tersa system.

Does anyone have this machine and what are your thoughts. The only negative If heard is it takes extra pressure to push the board through.

This will probably last me for a very long time so I want to get it right

Thanks
Mike

Bob Aquino
02-17-2006, 8:04 PM
I've been trying to decide on a new 8"jointer. I've looked at a lot of machines but think Grizzly will fit my needs. I am about to buy the G0593 because of the spiral cutter. I would really like to get away from setting blades, and I am not confident enough to try and change out the cutter with a tersa system.

Does anyone have this machine and what are your thoughts. The only negative If heard is it takes extra pressure to push the board through.

This will probably last me for a very long time so I want to get it right

Thanks
Mike
There's a thread over on woodnet that talks about Wood magazines review of 8" jointers. I would post the thread, but it would probably get bleeped. Do a search of g0593 in the woodworking tools forum and you should get it right away. PapaGriz posted in it as well. He of course favors the spiral head:rolleyes: You could also look for the copy of wood and see for yourself.