PDA

View Full Version : A big Thank You to Oregon Chain Blount International

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
02-17-2006, 4:47 AM
This has to do with wood working, IMHO, but if the mods want to move it to a different forum, go ahead (don't want to upset the "on-topic" police)

I just want to say "Thank You!" to the Oregon tech service staff, especially Pat Magruder.

I bought an Oregon chainsaw sharpening Jig here in Japan. The instructions are in Japanese, and while I could get the basic function to work fine, I could not seem to get the depth gauge file function to work correctly. My wife read the instructions, and she could not figure it out either, as she knows nothing about the subject, it was all Greek to her.

I searched the Oregon Chain site for a PDF, but I could not find one.

Finally I e-mailed them asking for the file, they responded promptly and said they did not have it in a format they could e-mail me, so they would send me a hard copy, which they did, to Japan, for free. It took five days to get here, I should have asked for it sooner! :D

They also included their maintenance and safety book.

I've bought some Oregon stuff here in Japan, but I've never bought anything from Oregon USA.

That is just great service, and I wanted to share a positive customer service story with you all.

Cheers!

Cecil Arnold
02-17-2006, 5:27 PM
Stu, we hear enough bad mouthing of equipment and manufacturers so it's really good when someone takes the time to tell us about a good experience with someone. Thanks for doing so.

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
02-17-2006, 10:33 PM
Stu, we hear enough bad mouthing of equipment and manufacturers so it's really good when someone takes the time to tell us about a good experience with someone. Thanks for doing so.

Cecil, that is exactly how I feel, so I did make the effort to share the positive experience.

Cheers!