PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas for a grinder bench.......

Ken Fitzgerald
02-16-2006, 10:56 PM
I just got notified that the grinder I ordered has shipped. I'm in desperate need of ideas for a grinder bench. I'd like to get it built this weekend. Photos please! Suggestions please!

Boyd Gathwright
02-16-2006, 11:13 PM
I just got notified that the grinder I ordered has shipped. I'm in deserate need of ideas for a grinder bench. I'd like to get it built this weekend. Photos please! Suggestions please!
.... Ken, Take a look at some of these, maybe these will give you some ideas :).

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=15492

Ken Fitzgerald
02-16-2006, 11:22 PM
Thanks Boyd! I should have searched a little harder!

Matt Meiser
02-17-2006, 8:03 AM
I built a 2' x 4' workbench from 2x4's, OSB, and masonite that I use for all my metalworking, sharpening, and grinding. My grinders (a 6" I bought about 5 years ago and my 8" woodcraft) both are mounted to plywood bases with dowels sticking out the bottom. The bench has matching holes so I can drop them into the holes when I use them. When I'm not using them, I can store them out of the way. I also have my Tormek, my sharpening stones, and my mechanics vise on this bench. The non-tempered hardboard top absorbs any spills readily which is actually a good thing. When it goes bad, I can just pull it off and replace it.