PDA

View Full Version : Photos on Red Alder

Bob Kline
02-16-2006, 6:51 PM
I just did my first experiments on my Epilog mini 18 using PhotoGraved pics with text added on Red Alder and was very pleased with then results. I used the new params that PhotoGrav included with their software. Before lasering, I sanded to 400 and applied one coat of clear poly which only darkened the Alder slightly and the burned image has very nice contrast. That said, have I optimized the process or is there something more that I can do to:
- Darken the burned image by applying some other substance. I assume I could do that to the text but how will the photo be affected?
or
-Use a more recommended finish for whatever reason
Like I said, I'm already happy -- just wondering if I might be even happier!!
This is a great group. Thanks for your advice.
Bob Kline

Joe Pelonio
02-16-2006, 7:29 PM
How about a pic?

Bob Kline
02-16-2006, 8:24 PM
Joe,
Good idea! Unfortunately the pic I used is of a friend who suffers from "Internet Paranoia" and would quickly drop into the lotus pose and wrap his head in Reynolds Wrap if he thought his pic was being bandied about. I'll do another as soon as I can.
Bob Kline

Lee DeRaud
02-16-2006, 8:34 PM
Unfortunately the pic I used is of a friend who suffers from "Internet Paranoia" and would quickly drop into the lotus pose and wrap his head in Reynolds Wrap if he thought his pic was being bandied about.You say that like it's a bad thing...sounds like a more interesting picture than the one you're using now.:D :cool: :p