PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw question

Bill Green
02-16-2006, 12:09 PM
does anyone know if this will fit my Jet 14" saw?

http://www.grizzly.com/outlet/G1127

Grizzly can't/won't answer one way or the other.

Lee DeRaud
02-16-2006, 12:33 PM
Judging from the picture I found of the Jet part, I'd guess "not". The real Jet part is a bit more expensive ($73 at Rockler, for example), but not a budget-breaker, especially since you'll be buying all new blades as well.:eek:

Frank Fusco
02-16-2006, 12:39 PM
does anyone know if this will fit my Jet 14" saw?

http://www.grizzly.com/outlet/G1127

Grizzly can't/won't answer one way or the other.

Unlikely. What does Jet say?

Wes Bischel
02-16-2006, 12:45 PM
Bill,
I would guess the answer is "it depends". Most of the asian BS parts are similar - note I said similar, not the same, and can be modified slightly to fit. For $20 in the difference, I don't think it would cover your time if any modifications were needed. It wouldn't be worth the trouble to me.

With that said, I bought a Ridgid riser on closeout at HD for $19 for my Frankensaw bandsaw. (multi-national/manufacturer parts cobbled together:eek: :rolleyes: ). It did need some modification (new roll pin holes needed to be drilled), but for $50 difference, it was worth it to me.

Wes

Matt Day
02-16-2006, 1:03 PM
If it helps, I've seen Grizzly risers on the Detla/Rockwell style saws. But I recall that when I've seen riser kits listed, there is usually a separate line for Jet saws. So I think Delta and Grizzly are compatible, but not Jet.

Brad Schmid
02-16-2006, 2:20 PM
At minimum, the locator pins/holes might be different.
It's probably not worth the aggravation to find out the hard way;)

Jim Becker
02-16-2006, 5:00 PM
It's not just about the riser block...all the extended guard parts are part of the package and I seriously doubt they would be appropriate for your saw if you can get the riser to work.

Bill Green
02-17-2006, 1:06 PM
thanx for all your input. I guess it would be a fool's bargain.

Bill

Andrew Shaber
02-17-2006, 5:23 PM
I would be most worried about the the guide shaft. It needs to have the same springs, guide bearing connector and blade guard.